Premier Vs RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
You could take the Premire now, and put in or keep your RST order and trade, or choose not to, when the RST arrives. News is the semiconductor issues are not going to abate for at least 6-12 months. Your Premiere will hold its value, so this may not hurt you much. Just don’t put a lot of extra $$ in it beyond stock until your RST of choice arrives…because you won’t get that $$ back.

Also, I’d expect to see +1 on interest rates by fall, if financing is a consideration. And, at least in the Yukons, the base price is up $600 since the beginning of the model year, and you are watching what the inflation rate is right now..
Great advice man. Perhaps this is the approach. May love the premier regardless. Only concerns are chrome and the wood interior inserts. The rest is on par with what I would do in the RST.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a premier in summit white, u get ac seats and MRC which RST does not. I can send u some pics later of interior, we have premium package with RSE, retract steps, it’s loaded. If yours is black paint? It will look really good, u can buy black mirror caps to cover tho, only chrome then is grill and windows. Here’s some pics, next to my new Silverado just picked up yesterday! View attachment 368148View attachment 368150
Gotta say I prefer the Premire wheels to the HC. Nice ride.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gotta say I prefer the Premire wheels to the HC. Nice ride.
Yea same I told my wife I was gona swap them LOL. Those were the only option for chrome ha I mean hub cap 22” rims on the new Silverado. All the others are not available, it’s bull.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! Where do you buy the mirror caps at? What are your thoughts on the wood trim in the interior?
Pretty sure they are on Chevrolet.com accessories. The wood trim is painted plastic, aren’t they all? I’m sorry I didnt get pics today of interior, I’ll try remember tomorrow. Is your new ride in transit a black premier?

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Pretty sure they are on Chevrolet.com accessories. The wood trim is painted plastic, aren’t they all? I’m sorry I didnt get pics today of interior, I’ll try remember tomorrow. Is your new ride in transit a black premier?
Damn painted plastic. One of the reasons I like the RST interior more. If you’re going to do wood, make it a black real wood or a light grey or something more 2022. Drives me insane.

It is.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn painted plastic. One of the reasons I like the RST interior more. If you’re going to do wood, make it a black real wood or a light grey or something more 2022. Drives me insane.

It is.
You couldn’t put real wood in a car, temperature changes if it sits outside in say Canada from -5 degrees to summer 89 degrees would cause the wood to shrink or swell. Chevy says my new high country Silverado has real wood trim...it’s not real, my wife thought the “real wood” was kind of ugly too lol

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You couldn’t put real wood in a car, temperature changes if it sits outside in say Canada from -5 degrees to summer 89 degrees would cause the wood to shrink or swell. Chevy says my new high country Silverado has real wood trim...it’s not real, my wife thought the “real wood” was kind of ugly too lol
Wood is used in many luxury vehicles.
The Denali has real wood trim.

Here is a pic of it on my center console. Took this yesterday:

Attachments

• F3E1BFCB-DBF2-423D-8520-13711ABAA9B1.jpeg
    F3E1BFCB-DBF2-423D-8520-13711ABAA9B1.jpeg
    274.9 KB · Views: 13

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score

It is.

Not for nothing but real wood may look nice brand new but that stuff will 100% start looking worse and worse overtime. Especially if you ever stain it by spilling something on it.

The benefit of plastic is it’ll always look new.

If you ever plan on flipping your car you’ll want things that’ll hold their value. I don’t think most people care if it’s real wood or plastic, as long as it looks clean

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any differences in the leather quality between RST and premier?

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Are there any differences in the leather quality between RST and premier?
Great question. Exactly the sort of items I’m hoping someone with a Premier or RST can speak to. Have done the research but it’s difficult to decipher small differences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019