Premier Smooth Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thread is specifically for trucks with the premier smooth ride suspension.
I have a 2012 LT and have replaced most of the suspension. All the control arms ACDelco struts Bilstein shocks in the rear and have anything but a premier smooth ride now.

I've asked in other threads about this issue but wanted a specific thread for what works, what doesn't work? What have you done to get a smooth ride for this model truck. Did you find that some struts and shocks didn't work? Did you replace springs etc?.

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the factory springs still, should I replace those, should I replace them with OEM or Moog?

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Main items I've found over the years are tires and shocks. Expensive shocks that "improve handling" usually destroy a comfortable ride. Rubber body mounts also get hard and the ride suffers.

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What rubber parts can new replaced? Upper and lower control arms came with new bushings.Upper and lower control arms came with new bushings.

CTUBS8732

Reaction score
Sway bar link bushings, sway bar bushings. I’m having the same issue myself. I’m thinking body mounts. But before I get crazy I’m gonnna do lower control arm bushings.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What rubber parts can new replaced? Upper and lower control arms came with new bushings.Upper and lower control arms came with new bushings.

In the front strut assemblies you have the mount, coil spring seat, bumper and the upper and lower spring insulators. These all contribute to the ride and handling, especially the first three. A bad mount is not going to let the shock operate properly, neither will a worn out bump stop (bumper).

Sway bar link bushings, sway bar bushings. I’m having the same issue myself. I’m thinking body mounts. But before I get crazy I’m gonnna do lower control arm bushings.
You guys have different suspensions but the same problem. The one thing that you have in common are those Bilstein shocks.

CTUBS8732

Reaction score
In the front strut assemblies you have the mount, coil spring seat, bumper and the upper and lower spring insulators. These all contribute to the ride and handling, especially the first three. A bad mount is not going to let the shock operate properly, neither will a worn out bump stop (bumper).

You guys have different suspensions but the same problem. The one thing that you have in common are those Bilstein shocks.
That’s funny. I guess these bilsteins are not for me. I should of just went back with oem.

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ACDelco OEM struts on the front and Bilstein 4600 on the back. Looks like OE springs and the parts @swathdiver mentioned.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with changing only springs out? Was the ride stiffer, softer, etc?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons