Premier Smooth Ride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just being impatient. Thanks

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with Bilstein and the tech guy told me that I DO NOT have Premium Comfort ride. If I did I would have Autoride or Magnaride.

I'm totally confused now. I do not think I have anything but regular springs and "dumb" shocks and struts.

last 8 of VIN gave these part #'s from the local Chevy dealer for front and rear springs: Front: 25876854 - Rear: 22811850
Was told my suspension RPO code is: 6RN

Earlier in this thread I attached my VIN and codes.

What suspension do I have definitively?

Thanks for the help.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We can't tell what your RPO codes are since the pic you posted cuts off before the alpha codes end. Post up a pic of the full code sticker.

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this better? Pardon the previous image.

Attachments

• PXL_20220329_222304229.jpg
    PXL_20220329_222304229.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 6

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just spoke with Bilstein and the tech guy told me that I DO NOT have Premium Comfort ride. If I did I would have Autoride or Magnaride.

I'm totally confused now. I do not think I have anything but regular springs and "dumb" shocks and struts.

last 8 of VIN gave these part #'s from the local Chevy dealer for front and rear springs: Front: 25876854 - Rear: 22811850
Was told my suspension RPO code is: 6RN

Earlier in this thread I attached my VIN and codes.

What suspension do I have definitively?

Thanks for the help.

Don't be confused. Believe your RPO sheet man. Bilstein guy is wrong.

1654149468913.png

That's right, you have heavy duty springs actually and plain shocks. I have the same thing.

I was thinking about you tonight on the way home from dinner. To make a long story short, I comment on how nice my car rides but my roads are not your roads. If you live in Houston or New York City, we're going to have very different driving experiences!

What issues are you working to solve lately?

OP
OP
S1W99

S1W99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be confused. Believe your RPO sheet man. Bilstein guy is wrong.

View attachment 371738

That's right, you have heavy duty springs actually and plain shocks. I have the same thing.

I was thinking about you tonight on the way home from dinner. To make a long story short, I comment on how nice my car rides but my roads are not your roads. If you live in Houston or New York City, we're going to have very different driving experiences!

What issues are you working to solve lately?
I live in Charlotte, NC. All pavement.

The ride is firm but harsh over any type of bump. Cruising speed is fine on the highway as dips are smooth but any kind of pothole, speed bump etc is not absorbed by the suspension, it goes right into the frame and then me. Nothing premium or comfortable about it.

What are my options? I think the ACDELCO struts and Bilstein rear shocks are quality replacements but if they're part of the problem then they can go.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Charlotte, NC. All pavement.

The ride is firm but harsh over any type of bump. Cruising speed is fine on the highway as dips are smooth but any kind of pothole, speed bump etc is not absorbed by the suspension, it goes right into the frame and then me. Nothing premium or comfortable about it.

What are my options? I think the ACDELCO struts and Bilstein rear shocks are quality replacements but if they're part of the problem then they can go.

I forget, when the front struts were replaced, what other components, if any, were also replaced? Did you flip the rear shocks?

Have you inspected the truck's body mounts by chance?

Do you know anyone with a similar truck that can ride in yours and you in theirs to compare?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo