PPV Headlight replacement advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was trying to search threads for headlight replacements. I notice my lights are not particularly bright at night making it difficult to see. I am sort of looking for better than stock but not necessarily crazy exotic. I would appreciate recommendations and/or potential pitfalls when looking for new peepers for my truck!

I currently have semi-frosted stockers but the lighting seems dim for stock lights.

Thanks!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put these in thecopcar almost two years ago, they work great. They were completely lamped when I got them. My original lens were legal but very frosted from UV.

https://smile.amazon.com/Passenger-Headlights-Headlamps-Replacement-Chevrolet/dp/B008G39ZEK

Damn that's cheap. I got mine form 1A Auto @ $195 for the pair and I had to silicone them closed to keep moisture out. And one of the harness plugs ****** melted and I had to splice in another one for the old ones I kept laying around just in case.

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check my signature for LED's in stock housings. I am very happy, and still to this day have not been 'flashed' by oncoming traffic.

Also, don't be afraid to buy a set of off brand headlight replacements from Amazon or Ebay, I've had very good luck with several pairs, while trying to retrofit HID's into the stock housings. It'll make a big difference on the overall look of your truck too, with nice fresh headlight assemblies.

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The one dude on here has some aftermarket ones with the horseshoe shaped accents those look pretty sharp wouldn’t mind running a set of those. Can’t remember who it was though

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@massivespl Has them on his. Spyders. Somebody elses here has them too, on like a silver ore gray Hoe.

42EAFCA1-4411-4FD8-99B2-412669D64291.jpeg

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just went with the TYC OEM replacement housings and some LED bulbs from Amazon; very pleased with them.

OP
OP
Fubar0715

Fubar0715

Scott
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check my signature for LED's in stock housings. I am very happy, and still to this day have not been 'flashed' by oncoming traffic.

Also, don't be afraid to buy a set of off brand headlight replacements from Amazon or Ebay, I've had very good luck with several pairs, while trying to retrofit HID's into the stock housings. It'll make a big difference on the overall look of your truck too, with nice fresh headlight assemblies.

Reading the reviews on those LED bulbs-user claim bulb failure and dimming. Have you noticed any oddities with them? Also, did I read somewhere about you getting an anti-flicker something or another?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667

Latest posts