Power Steps?????

Power Steps vs Adaptive Cruise Control

• Yes. Get the Power Steps with ACC.

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • No. Forget the ACC and the power steps.

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I wish you could order the ACC without the power steps.

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reels

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the boards light up underneath or is that only the Cadillac?

OP
OP
M

Mikef

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am the OP. It was a tough decision but I got my 2015i Yukon XL Denali ordered and I left off the power steps. I hope I don't miss the adaptive cruise control. The deal breaker was I read that some dont like the Adaptive cruise control and there is not a way to turn it off and use standard cruise control.

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am the OP. It was a tough decision but I got my 2015i Yukon XL Denali ordered and I left off the power steps. I hope I don't miss the adaptive cruise control. The deal breaker was I read that some dont like the Adaptive cruise control and there is not a way to turn it off and use standard cruise control.

You can increase the following distance to the maximum setting which makes the system behave nearly the same as standard cruise control.

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

FWIW, GM products with power steps usually sell for less @ auction
than those without them.

ky2015denali

I don't know about that. I just looked at previous Manheim dealer auctions and the opposite it true. Reason being, those vehicles with the power boards typically have more options in general. There was nearly a linear relationship with the more highly-optioned vehicles and auction end price.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea that didn't make any sense... vehicles with power steps are usually more loaded then ones with fixed running boards... plus it's like a $1200 option from the factory

ky2015denali

Reaction score
The reason they bring less is because so many have problems that wholesale buyers(Dealers and U/C dealers) are wary.

Last edited:

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to modify mine to function as rock sliders.

Anon2015

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have list of mods to make...want to take on Overland Journal's Rover and rebadge the Yukon a "Kodiak". :)

motorwerks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fact is....they don't bring less. I am a car dealer and wholesale all the time. Looking at the sales history on closed auctions (those that only franchised and licensed dealers can attend), there is a linear relationship with power boards and higher auction end prices. Likely due to more equipment on the units with power boards. It's rare to find a truck with power boards that aren't nearly loaded with other options.

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fact is....they don't bring less. I am a car dealer and wholesale all the time. Looking at the sales history on closed auctions (those that only franchised and licensed dealers can attend), there is a linear relationship with power boards and higher auction end prices. Likely due to more equipment on the units with power boards. It's rare to find a truck with power boards that aren't nearly loaded with other options.

Agreed you don't see low content trucks with power steps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700