Power seat track repair kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moosemoon

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Dorman Power Seat track repair kit? Driver’s side seat making awful noise but all adjustments work.
Thinking this might fix but hoping some one else has done the same?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Prior to purchasing anything, if you have not already done so, unbolt the seat and closely inspect the worm gear and rails for any contamination. On my truck, the seat motor started groaning, and when I inspected the worm gear and tracks, they were covered and ensnared with dog hair (2 shedding dogs in the truck all the time). It took me a while to unravel all the hair around the worm gear, but once it was done, no more groaning.

OP
OP
Moosemoon

Moosemoon

Reaction score
Prior to purchasing anything, if you have not already done so, unbolt the seat and closely inspect the worm gear and rails for any contamination. On my truck, the seat motor started groaning, and when I inspected the worm gear and tracks, they were covered and ensnared with dog hair (2 shedding dogs in the truck all the time). It took me a while to unravel all the hair around the worm gear, but once it was done, no more groaning.
What a great idea! I don’t think that’s the issue as the seats were out of Yukon to be recovered but it is certainly worth a ‘look see’. Thanks

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joseph my seat on the passenger side goes back and forth but the top half of the seat goes forward not backward. It works periodically but inconsistently. What do you think the issue is?

Thank you.

Ken

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you describe in greater detail what happens when it does not work. Is there any sound, like a motor 'trying' to do something, or is it totally silent?

treborcj

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think this might be my issue. Problem is that it will no longer go back and forth. So the bolts are covered and I can not get to the back ones. How can I get to the worm gear if I can't unbolt the seat?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this might be my issue. Problem is that it will no longer go back and forth. So the bolts are covered and I can not get to the back ones. How can I get to the worm gear if I can't unbolt the seat?
I truly don't know the answer to your question, but other folks here on the Forum may have some insight on how to manually move the seat forward enough for you to access the rear seat bolts.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would search YouTube for that one. I just replaced both front seat adjusters with new ones. Cost a pretty penny but we are starting out brand new again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep