Power converter 2011 Chevy Tahoe. What’s it for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have an Install Bay MPI 800 under the second row seat in my 2011 Chevy Tahoe. I’m not even sure if it works. I have a photo of it and I’ll post that it. It has two three pronged plugs for power. Any specific reason why this was put in?

Thank you.

Ken

Attachments

• IMG_3254.jpeg
    IMG_3254.jpeg
    423.9 KB · Views: 8

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have an Install Bay MPI 800 under the second row seat in my 2011 Chevy Tahoe. I’m not even sure if it works. I have a photo of it and I’ll post that it. It has two three pronged plugs for power. Any specific reason why this was put in?

Thank you.

Ken
a previous owner wanted ac power for something

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably to plug in phone chargers etc. This was before there were dirt cheap usb to 12volt cigarette lighter plug ins.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried using it? Have you tried plugging any device chargers into the outlets to confirm it works and is still hooked up?

The ‘07-‘14 NNBS doesn’t have nearly as many car charger ports as the ‘15-‘20 K2XX models.

Assuming it’s hooked up and works and it appears to be installed pretty clean and tucked under your 2nd row seating that’s actually a really sweet find and added mod.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
They’re usually installed for the kid’s gaming systems. They can’t really pull a heavier load for anything substantial or it’ll blow its internal circuit breaker.

If it works and gives clean power, it’s a plus. They’re nice for laptops or if you’re in a pinch and forget your car charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo