Powder Coating the Stock 20"s black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backinblack

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got the LTZ 20's in a matte black finish on my 09 Suburban. I'll try to snap some pics this week and get them up. I get comments (some bad) all the time.

Last edited:

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive really been considering doing this on my black 07 also. I just need to go get a price.

R_Sharpe

VIP
Reaction score
Ive really been considering doing this on my black 07 also. I just need to go get a price.

Same here. I want to do this with my '07 LTZ, in fact I'm going to get a quote tomorrow. I really like the look. :).
I want 22s or 24s, but I live in rural Tennessee, and the roads are TERRIBLE. Plus, I live in a slightly secluded area, off of a dirt road... So, I'm thinking that just having the factory 20s painted is the best option for me.

Anyways, like I said, I'm going tomorrow to see about getting my chrome handles installed, and while I'm at the shop I'm going to get a quote on the wheels. Do you guys think that I should go with gloss black or matte black?

Last edited:

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna do my 17's matte black to match my hoe for the winter months. I did the same for my truck. Cost me $40 per wheel plus whatever it cost me to pull and re install the tires. Not a bad deal IMO.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think that I should go with gloss black or matte black?

Gloss black on black trucks, no doubt. You can go either way on non-black trucks, since you're not matching anything. But, I'd definitely go with gloss black on a black truck. It'll look like they were meant for your truck, and not something you just slapped on.

trysixty

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
look great on black, what do you think with a the jewel red paint car??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ynamot