Possible trailer plug/adaptor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
By the way, the 15 amp blown fuse I found was for the trailer park lights and that was in the under hood fuse box and the 10 amp blown fuse was for the trailer right turn signal.

Airman68

Reaction score
Interesting. My trailer lights work except for the left turn and brake. It is the truck, tested with a meter. I'll have to verify the fuses.

TCOLL5830

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have similar issue on 2015 Tahoe LTZ. I bought a tester to confirm it was not the trailer. (I also checked trailer side by connecting another vehicle and all trailer lights work). Vehicle rt tailights/turn/brake lights all work correctly. So problem is somewhere between connector and the main rear harness. I am betting on connector based on comments on this thread. How difficult is it to swap out the connector ? Are the trailer circuits for brake/turn on their own fuse ? Is there a place on this forum to get wiring diagram ?

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have similar issue on 2015 Tahoe LTZ. I bought a tester to confirm it was not the trailer. (I also checked trailer side by connecting another vehicle and all trailer lights work). Vehicle rt tailights/turn/brake lights all work correctly. So problem is somewhere between connector and the main rear harness. I am betting on connector based on comments on this thread. How difficult is it to swap out the connector ? Are the trailer circuits for brake/turn on their own fuse ? Is there a place on this forum to get wiring diagram ?

This thread is for 2000-2006 series. I would recommend posting in the appropriate year for your vehicle, since the wiring and electronics can be different.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

TCOLL5830

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello OR VietVet,
Welcome home. And thanks for confirming my post made it to cyberspace.
34 years USAF
TC

TCOLL5830

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This thread is for 2000-2006 series. I would recommend posting in the appropriate year for your vehicle, since the wiring and electronics can be different.
Thanks Fless.... see what happens when newbie's join ? I'm trying to navigate my way around this forum... will try again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645