Popping sound in speakers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear popping sounds in my speakers only with the radio on, not when I’m listening to music using Bluetooth . Could it be my head unit. It’s a pioneer head unit with Focal speakers and a JL amp.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try other sources just to make sure bluetooth is not the only good one (CD, DVD, etc). If they all work, there is no radio signal, although I would expect that hiss sound when there are no stations found. Just to happen out of nowhere, concerned it would be the HU.

OP
OP
B

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can,t even hear the chimes or my onstar properly. I can hear the radio stations, but that popping noise is getting annoying. Thanks for the info

OP
OP
B

bigrhino

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I hear a faint sound of advertisements for Sirius XM radio. Wierd. Getting a new hu in a few weeks. I hope that’s the problem.

09 L9H

not a boomer
Reaction score
Alright I think I know what you're talking about cause I'm pretty sure this same exact thing happened to me when I put in my new HU a few months ago. It turned out that I had too many RCA cables plugged into my HU, but I can't remember which ones exactly because it was so long ago. I have an LTZ with Bose and nav. Don't know if you're still having this issue but I hope it helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons