Popping some when turning.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I note that you have a 2005. That's entirely different. Torsion bars too as far as I know.
Yes, but the problem you described was same as mine and mine was steering linkage parts. I threw in a comment and again, also check the mounts of moving parts. I recently had a low squawk noise or pop noise at the rear and turned out to be a loose nut at the sway bar link allowing bushing movement.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found that my 2007 and 2008 Denali's both did it when backing up and turning sharply to the left. I thought it was clearance from the mud flaps for the longest time. Finally after getting pissed off enough, I removed the mud flaps and inspected the fender.

I found the driverside wasn't the same as the passenger side from the factory in their stamping process. The passenger side had a nice 90 degree angle and the driver side was slightly less than that. I got out a deadblow hammer and whacked it back to match the quiet side. Installed flaps and has been quiet since. FWIW

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401