Polished aluminum ???????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Big Motion

Reaction score
The lip on my wheels are polished, and i'm lazy and getting tired of having to polish them to get them clean. Is there any other options to get them shiny?? i thought about painting them black, but can you even paint aluminum???

OP
OP
Big Motion

Big Motion

Reaction score
do you add a coat of way on them after you polsih the rims?

I haven't been, but a buddy of mine mentioned that today. i guess it keeps em clean longer

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

yes you can paint alum. just prep it good

anything special i need to know?? any certain primer i should use?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think my prepping he means making sure you clean it REAL good to get all of the dirt, oil and other contaminents off. After that then I think you can just use regular primer but if you don't it good and clean you'll be wasting your time.

nytahoe

"Tha Butcha"
Reaction score
yea make sure all oil wax dirt is off. i would do an adhesion promoter primer paint and clear

chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just have them professionally polished, then clear them.

ILLEGAL REGAL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear good things about zoops sealer but it's pricey and I never tried it.

I use wizards brand polish and they have a sealer think its called power seal. It's an acryilic based wax and you let it haze and sit for 24 hrs then polish off. It usually triples-quadruples the timeframe between polishing Al

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timnazium

Latest posts