Plasti-Dipped my Woodgrain trim for $5.99!:)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
I have to say it looks good. When I saw the title I was a little worried it wouldn't look good but turned out pretty damn good. final determination will be when it is installed.

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder how it would hold up on the steering wheel...

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should hold up as good as it would anywhere else.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In the steering wheel it wont hold up that good. I plasti-dipped my roof console and its still looking as good as when I first painted it.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was assuming he meant the parts that are silver or black not the whole steering wheel.

protonvx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wood grain on the steering wheel. I have thought about wrapping all the wood grain including the steering wheel with the 3M di-noc stuff. But the plasti-dip looks good too. The steering wheel is what is holding me up as I really don't want to mess with replacing it.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as you are referring to the pieces by the steering wheel then it would be fine but you if have the wheel with the wood trim around the hand part then no.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have plasti dipped the brushed aluminum pieces the steering wheel has. It looked good for about a month but after that it started peeling. I just ripped it all off. I don't think the woodgrain in the steering wheel would last one trip.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much do you handle those pieces? I rarely touch them. I have had my front emblem pded for like 6 months and rubbed a towel on it so I fail to see how an occasional brush of the hand would peel it off. Try more coats of pd.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where can you buy this stuff at locally

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
metal2forall