Plasti Dip White Diamond Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh....my OCD would not allow those mismatching whites to exist. At least its dip and can just pull it off.....

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kinda like the black, really since you have black wheels too. But thats me....

OP
OP
jmitchell

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinions guys, good or bad. In broad daylight you really can't see the difference in the colors. I'll try to get another pic posted. It only shows up in that one picture because I was 4" from it with my camera. Only time someone will be that close to my bumper is if they are rotating my tires.

I may or may not leave it on, the jury is still out. For those of you who have done the WDT, what is the best combo of plasti-dip to get it to match. I really think you can only tell the difference on mine because the bumper and fender come together in the corners. If it weren't for this I bet it would "appear" like some of the others I've seen on here.

---------- Post added at 10:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

What if I removed the dip on the lower piece and left the bowties and strip around the fog lights?

sixpointoh03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a quicksilver metallic denali and would like to do the GMC emblems how would I go about finding plasti dip that would match my paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might peel the air dam part and leave the fog light chrome dipped.

It is almost better not to see that ridiculous air dam... The black tends to blend in a bit more. I guess it is needed to get the highway mileage. But really takes away from the "truck" look.

Would you consider dipping the chrome grill surround?

OP
OP
jmitchell

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might peel the air dam part and leave the fog light chrome dipped.

It is almost better not to see that ridiculous air dam... The black tends to blend in a bit more. I guess it is needed to get the highway mileage. But really takes away from the "truck" look.

Would you consider dipping the chrome grill surround?

Agreed with the air dam. I swear these things are about twice the depth as the late models!!! Pretty aggravating! Even the Escalade has this monster black plastic air dam for the white diamond (and all other colors). I am definitely considering ripping out the air dam dip but for sure leaving the fog light dip on unless I get some chrome tow hooks. And why didn't these come standard either?

I did consider doing something with the grill but most likely leave the surround alone. I between each of the horizontal chrome grill pieces there is a small black piece. I was thinking about dipping all of those to give it more of a color matched look instead of all chrome.

paintdude96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
well I sale automotive paint and I do painting on the side .so if u go to ur loc. paint supplyer they can help . but IMO I would not put that stuff on any of my cars or truck I would take the time and money u spent and buy the real deal and do it right the first time . and to match that color it is called a tri color and I think the code is wa800j. :Nonono: