2011 Z71 Front end pics/bull bar/fogs/grill upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dngrmse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, I figured I'd upload some pics of som chnages to the front end in case anyone was wondering what some specific mods may look like. The first pic is stock, as purchased a couple months ago. In the second picture, I wasn't crazy about the gray in the center of the z71 bumper, so I painted it black, replaced the grill with black one, and added some fog lights into the lower part of the grill. I didnt like the way the fogs looked, so I replaced the grill again with aone piece grill from TLAPS, added a bull bar and some conventional fogs. I also wrapped the stock emblem in gunmetal gray. Prety happy with the look for now, I plan on getting new headlights and possibly some winter wheels next.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
I really like the look.
I have a 2011 Z71 in silver, and that front trim piece (the one you painted) is in very bad shape.

Did you do anything special to paint it? How did you do it?

OP
OP
D

Dngrmse

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I looked into removing it, but decided against it since it's such a small piece, and taking it off would have been more trouble than its worth. Mine was in bad shape as well, as in it was heavily oxidized. I just sanded it down with 220, then 400, then 600. Once I had it smooth, I taped off the area and used a can of high gloss enamel to apply a couple of coats. I painted it outside on a nice sunny day with no wind. So far its been holding up great. If for some reason the paint ever has an issue, Ill just take it to a shop and have it professionally done. It's an easy job, just take your time and don't apply the paint too thick to avoid runs. Tons of youtube videos out there if you're unsure. Good luck!

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely looks better painted black! Nice work!

my truck is white so the gray is less noticeable.. but it probably would look better painted body color too..

Myfirstz71

Reaction score
Thanks. I looked into removing it, but decided against it since it's such a small piece, and taking it off would have been more trouble than its worth. Mine was in bad shape as well, as in it was heavily oxidized. I just sanded it down with 220, then 400, then 600. Once I had it smooth, I taped off the area and used a can of high gloss enamel to apply a couple of coats. I painted it outside on a nice sunny day with no wind. So far it’s been holding up great. If for some reason the paint ever has an issue, I’ll just take it to a shop and have it professionally done. It's an easy job, just take your time and don't apply the paint too thick to avoid runs. Tons of youtube videos out there if you're unsure. Good luck!
Thanks for the info. Going to look into the DIY painting route.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What brand is that push bar grill guard? And how much was it ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia