2019 Yukon low front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Seedguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned a 2019 Yukon Denali for one year. The front end always seemed a little low but have had alignment done at GM dealer, no issues.

I have a rim bent from highway driving this winter, and replaced the stock tires with a set of takeoffs from 2022 Yukon that had 275/60/20 tires instead of 275/55/20 tires. Now the tires rub the wheel wells and splash guards on while turning. I have owned pickups for years, swapping tires and making adjustments. I was surprised that one tire size jump fit so tight.

I have done torsion bar adjustments on many GM trucks, so I am familiar. I just wanted to check if there are any issues with give the bars a few cranks to get some more clearance. Any suspension settings or other things that might be affected? I realize the speedometer is slightly off due to tire size change.

Also wondering if the rim offset is different on the newer rims (2021+) than my 2019 factory rims.

Thanks.

duke90

Reaction score
How many miles? I had stock struts on my 2017 and they sagged a lot. 34" at the bottom of the wheel well. I replaced them with fox 2.0s and it's now settled at 38". Fox claims 2" lift with their 2.0s so I'm guessing the sag from the old oem struts accounted for about 2"

OP
OP
S

Seedguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How many miles? I had stock struts on my 2017 and they sagged a lot. 34" at the bottom of the wheel well. I replaced them with fox 2.0s and it's now settled at 38". Fox claims 2" lift with their 2.0s so I'm guessing the sag from the old oem struts accounted for about 2"
It has 45K miles, bought it last year with 29K

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have owned a 2019 Yukon Denali for one year. The front end always seemed a little low but have had alignment done at GM dealer, no issues.

I have a rim bent from highway driving this winter, and replaced the stock tires with a set of takeoffs from 2022 Yukon that had 275/60/20 tires instead of 275/55/20 tires. Now the tires rub the wheel wells and splash guards on while turning. I have owned pickups for years, swapping tires and making adjustments. I was surprised that one tire size jump fit so tight.

I have done torsion bar adjustments on many GM trucks, so I am familiar. I just wanted to check if there are any issues with give the bars a few cranks to get some more clearance. Any suspension settings or other things that might be affected? I realize the speedometer is slightly off due to tire size change.

Also wondering if the rim offset is different on the newer rims (2021+) than my 2019 factory rims.

Thanks.
You have struts, no torsion bars. They are worn out. Get new ones or put a spacer in to restore original ride height.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
45k isn’t much at all..I’d assume your factory struts should still be good.
Depends on how/where/who’s been driving, road conditions etc. my 19 Denali xl with factory 22’s rubs at full lock and it sits a little low. Not enough to bother me but rubs on wheel liner nonetheless.

duke90

Reaction score
Depends on how/where/who’s been driving, road conditions etc. my 19 Denali xl with factory 22’s rubs at full lock and it sits a little low. Not enough to bother me but rubs on wheel liner nonetheless.
I have the factory 22s and 285/45/22 bfg trail terrains and I still run at full lock as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts