Plain N Simple - Esky Log

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tide

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear drop is installed and rubs the inside of the frame rails. Super convenient. Hoping to get it back on a lift soon and figure out what is going on.

Also changed up the windshield tint. The 35 got too much attention so it was replaced with 50. Tail lights are looking like hammered dog shit. Those will eventually be sprayed. I have not gotten any feedback from the men in blue about those so far. I’ve been pulled over 5ish times in the past three months, window related every time.

Just a few randoms until I get some decent shots.

7041cbda158abab645378c78a085770d.jpg

19da44d7d61e2c1727d51e246e1dacbb.jpg

135b079da663794da7cc8583cd1ebe56.jpg

9aa21e7d066b21d161b40a3db9e7f2da.jpg

22377235865be93116d6144ff77dce68.jpg

36501f78d4093a79b83370cce1096486.jpg

4ad7a1a84072e654ae7b1f2a1c93da6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF @ those coils. What kind are they? Maybe defective? I've never seen that. Maybe you can rotate it/them 180°?

OP
OP
Tide

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WTF @ those coils. What kind are they? Maybe defective? I've never seen that. Maybe you can rotate it/them 180°?

Can’t recall the years but they are for a early 2000’s avalanche. Whatever tony recommended.

Something is out of line. Lifted trucks need an adjustable trac bar or the same thing will happen up front. Really hope I don’t have to **** with that for a simple rear drop.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t recall the years but they are for a early 2000’s avalanche. Whatever tony recommended.

Something is out of line. Lifted trucks need an adjustable trac bar or the same thing will happen up front. Really hope I don’t have to **** with that for a simple rear drop.

There are adjustable Panhards for our trucks that are for the same thing. But you shouldn't need it for a minimal drop. Even with a large rear drop, the axle shouldn't be shifted enough to cause that. Does the other side rub? That coil looks to be curved a bit.

*Edit

I just saw that the part it's rubbing is the bump stop's bracket that's welded to the frame. If you're at 3" or more of drop, you're probably close to bottoming out and could stand to lose that whole chunk anyway.

the_tool_man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it. But somewhere along the way your taillights got tinted. Did you replace them with tinted ones, or paint them? They look good in the photos.

OP
OP
Tide

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it. But somewhere along the way your taillights got tinted. Did you replace them with tinted ones, or paint them? They look good in the photos.

They are wrapped. I wouldn’t recommend it for Escalade tails. The sharp ridge running down the middle makes it very hard to wrap. Sprayed professionally is the way to go.

There are adjustable Panhards for our trucks that are for the same thing. But you shouldn't need it for a minimal drop. Even with a large rear drop, the axle shouldn't be shifted enough to cause that. Does the other side rub? That coil looks to be curved a bit.

*Edit

I just saw that the part it's rubbing is the bump stop's bracket that's welded to the frame. If you're at 3" or more of drop, you're probably close to bottoming out and could stand to lose that whole chunk anyway.

All fixed for now. Coils weren’t sitting correctly.
For now we didn’t trim and of the bump stops. Got to get back on the road.

OP
OP
Tide

Tide

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had random problems with the “service advance trac system” and a couple other related lights. Comes and goes. Check all connections on the rear and everything seems to be fine. Issues started once we ****** with the rear suspension. Any ideas what to look for or potential fixes?

This time on...

Tide.... lol

Atleast use the card with my updated picture...

In all seriousness I could maybe afford the coat closet in that place. List price is 7 mill. Any takers for the rest of the house??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094