Pioneer stereo and 3rd row entertainment.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sweet Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all,
I’m in the middle of installing a Pioneer 1550NEX Stereo I purchased through Crutchfield. Despite being assured both rows of rear seat entertainment would function with this stereo when I made the purchase it does not. I get full functionality on row 2 but not row 3.

Crutchfield tech support had me splice two “video” wires on the truck side of the harness. Now the 3rd row screen powers up so to speak, but It is a blank screen (just black) and no video. I was hesitant to do this as the technician didn’t seem the most confident.

Have others felt with this issue? Thanks

OP
OP
Sweet Pete

Sweet Pete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Please share what you did to sort it out. Just in case someone else has the same issue.

Good call:
I had to jumper the wires on the truck side of the harness that essentially sends the A/V signal to both screens instead of just the 2nd row.

I don’t recall the pin numbers but as you can see in the second photo the stereo harness has only 1 set of AV out wires (all the way to the left). The first photo is the truck side and the green and white wires are the AV, the next pair of light green and white are the 3rd row AV. I spliced the light green and white into the respective and white wires. This was Crutchfields solution.CCF5564D-5998-4524-87E1-B1770CAF668C.jpeg 0C2F9B21-DB59-455D-81E1-40F41704F192.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Good call:
I had to jumper the wires on the truck side of the harness that essentially sends the A/V signal to both screens instead of just the 2nd row.

I don’t recall the pin numbers but as you can see in the second photo the stereo harness has only 1 set of AV out wires (all the way to the left). The first photo is the truck side and the green and white wires are the AV, the next pair of light green and white are the 3rd row AV. I spliced the light green and white into the respective and white wires. This was Crutchfields solution.View attachment 258352 View attachment 258354
Good deal. I'm sure other members will appreciate it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan