Pics of wood trim kit just added

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
jdpromo33

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
I chose medium burlwood as its a classic color for interiors. Most Bentley's, Mercedes, and high end vehicles use this color tone as a standard. The lighter colors look too synthetic and fake. Plus my plan for the truck is a mixture of performance mods combined with a mean looking ride and a classy looking interior.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

really? normally they say to wait for it to be above 70 to install any of that 3M stuff. hopefully you don't run into any problems.

Well the car's heater was on so the interior was nice and warm when I applied it.
3 days later and all is still good so think I'm good now

MikeTheApeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The thing I am not sure I like about that kit is you still see edges of the stock panels. Granted, the pics may be exaggerating it a little, but if I were to do a kit like this, I'd want it to cover the stock pieces 100%.

It's your 'hoe, so as long as you're happy that's all that matters. It's not my bag though.

OP
OP
jdpromo33

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
The thing I am not sure I like about that kit is you still see edges of the stock panels. Granted, the pics may be exaggerating it a little, but if I were to do a kit like this, I'd want it to cover the stock pieces 100%.

It's your 'hoe, so as long as you're happy that's all that matters. It's not my bag though.

Hey Mike. I dont think the pics do it justice cause other than the door switches, it pretty much covers the panels.

I have to say that yes of couse it's not everybody's taste but I tell you, it really makes the interior pop. I'm still not sure it will remain permanently but for now it looks good.

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I chose medium burlwood as its a classic color for interiors. Most Bentley's, Mercedes, and high end vehicles use this color tone as a standard. The lighter colors look too synthetic and fake. Plus my plan for the truck is a mixture of performance mods combined with a mean looking ride and a classy looking interior.

Im not sure how it felt but no one was attacking you or your color selection.. just stating personal preference.. and im 10,000% sure this kit looks better than stock plastic in just about any color its offered in...

and IMO The lighter colors.. do NOT look synthetic.. when they are real.. but i can see how they might come across like that on a kit that already is..

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

mike you can cut down on SOME of the float by doing your own adhesion.. if you removed the 3m tape and mount it permanently.. then it actually sits about a 1/10 of an inch closer and a bit more flush.. but.. then its permanent..

OP
OP
jdpromo33

jdpromo33

Proud Tahoe Owner
Reaction score
Im not sure how it felt but no one was attacking you or your color selection.. just stating personal preference.. and im 10,000% sure this kit looks better than stock plastic in just about any color its offered in...

and IMO The lighter colors.. do NOT look synthetic.. when they are real.. but i can see how they might come across like that on a kit that already is..

I wasnt taking it as an attack at all. In fact I appreciate the feedback.

Its all good!

---------- Post added at 10:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

I guess the great thing about most of these mods to GM vehicles is the flexibility of putting it back to stock form.
Or if a mod doesnt come out they way you like then you can easily change it.

JD

NOPROBROBB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting the pics of your wood trim, i ve been rolling around the idea of doing some wood grain or something to break up the black dash

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Naileddown