***PICS*** Lowered the back end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OKLAGMCRUISER

Need drop...send $
Reaction score
what shocks are you running in the rear? still AR stockers? should get some bouncy relief from the helper bags setup as others have said...or consider a shock change and add the resistors to get rid of the AR CEL.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sick... Ridiculously SICK...

I need to stop ordering performance stuff and get my crap lowered and rims :(

pjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After I took out the rear bump stops...this is how low the entire truck sits....
The front is LIFTED as high as it will go via torsion bar crank..the bolt is maxed out..all the way up...so the front end can still go MUCH lower!

I still dont like how much the back end bounces...even after the free travel mod...will helper bags help in ride quality?

lemme know what you guys think about how it turned out.......

so how many inches is it droped in the front an back i want my yukon to sit just like it

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sick... Ridiculously SICK...

I need to stop ordering performance stuff and get my crap lowered and rims :(

lol..no way..your doin it the right way...everyone works on looks.... 11 out of 10 tahoes here in town are customized...exterior wise... but its rare to see a fast SUV around town!

Nah, Im not OKLAGM, I'm running the drop shocks with the kit...I think I will need the helpers =/

pjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol..no way..your doin it the right way...everyone works on looks.... 11 out of 10 tahoes here in town are customized...exterior wise... but its rare to see a fast SUV around town!

Nah, Im not OKLAGM, I'm running the drop shocks with the kit...I think I will need the helpers =/

i agree im on i 35 alot can never find a suv to race i wqant to race!!!lol

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so how many inches is it droped in the front an back i want my yukon to sit just like it

Ya I dont see where you listed the springs you have...looks like a 3/5 kit man. Are you saying you're running a 2/4?

For the bounce, try DJM shock relos and some BellTech Street Performance shocks, part number 2412FF. Ride is very improved with the stiffer shocks sitting at a better angle. I don't bottom out at all to the rear fender and trust me there's not much room there :)

BOSS

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Im not exactly sure...Do you have a tape measure?

From the fender lip to the ground

32 1/4 inches - Front
33 1/4 inches - Rear

Could you check yours to see what it is stock? I'd like to know how much of a drop I got as well

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

Ya I dont see where you listed the springs you have...looks like a 3/5 kit man. Are you saying you're running a 2/4?

For the bounce, try DJM shock relos and some BellTech Street Performance shocks, part number 2412FF. Ride is very improved with the stiffer shocks sitting at a better angle. I don't bottom out at all to the rear fender and trust me there's not much room there :)

BOSS

Sorry bout that...yes, your right..I used the Mcgaughys 3/5 drop. With this kit, I got;

**REAR**
5 inch drop coils

Trailing arm relocating brackets

Drop shocks to replace my stock air shocks (they are shorter to fit the drop correctly)

New sway bar endlinks

**FRONT**

2 inch drop spindles

New Torsion Keys

Got my setup from 55belairtim

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drop shocks to replace my stock air shocks (they are shorter to fit the drop correctly)

For what it's worth, I started rubbing my rear fender after 3 mos of those rear shocks. When i took them off, they were mush and I realized why my ride quality had diminished.

:waytogo: on Tim though, top notch guy

B O S S

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cateyeburb

Latest posts