Picked up my 6.0 today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am not going to point them all out, but some of the cams suggested are not good cams to go along side a blower, especially a roots blower.

You need to make sure overlap is negative at .050". The Vinci Trucker is a proven performer as a blower cam, I would suggest checking into that as a part of your research. Most cam companies will be able to help you out with the proper cam grind and torque converter.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
That cam is similar to the Z06 cam, and is a decent cam as well. Justin has a Z06 cam in his s/c SSS, but is soon to change the cam out.

OP
OP
Tahoe03mm

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definitely looking at the lingenfelter, what's the main difference in valvesprings? I was looking at the comp ones, I'm gonna replace the timing chain too and I suppose I should also do pushrods.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice find! cant wait for more details as you install and do your build!

03_Denali

Reaction score
"definitely looking at the lingenfelter"
The GT2-3 is a great cam for FI, don't get me wrong, but it idles like a stocker (stealth), which is why it wasn't recommended, and without FI the gains are very minimal. The vinci trucker cam is the same way,, a small amount of lope, better NA. You need to decide if you want lope or if you want a stock sound. Basically it evolves around what you really want, which is also going to determine what size stall you want.

OP
OP
Tahoe03mm

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After doing a leak-down test I got 30% on a couple cylinders so I decided to just pull off the heads. After I pulled them off they weren't bad at all, just some carbon build up on the valves. Better off safe then sorry IMO. Also gives me an excuse to get them surfaced and have the machine shop do the springs for me.

Pics so I don't get stoned :owned:

SAM_0279.jpg
SAM_0278.jpg
SAM_0280.jpg
SAM_0281.jpg
SAM_0283.jpg
SAM_0285.jpg
SAM_0282.jpg
SAM_0285.jpg
SAM_0286.jpg

I still need to decide on pushrods and springs.. I've read that the comp cam 918's have problems, considering pac 1518. Not sure whether I really need to replace the pushrods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tahoe03mm

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I right that the head bolts are torque-to-yield, meaning one time use? Making up my parts list now for gaskets and such and noticed there was a long and short bolt options. I believe these are the shorter ones.

the lq4 is from a 04 silverado so I need to measure them to make sure I get the right bolts I suppose. update looks like 119mm for the bolt length

Cylinder Head Bolt Kit, Gen III and Gen IV (not shown)
• Kit of 15 bolts for LS-Series engines produced from January 2004
and later
• Bolts are 5mm shorter than previous design
• Services single engine head only

LS1 Cylinder Head Installation Kit (F-Car)
• Comprehensive cylinder head installation kit for 2002 Camaro
and Firebird models equipped with the LS1 engine
• Kit includes 2 head gaskets, 2 valve cover gaskets, 8 intake
manifold gaskets, 2 exhaust manifold gaskets, 2 intake manifoldto-
block seals, 20 long-head bolts and 10 short-head bolts

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chevelle ss

Latest posts