Picked up my 6.0 today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yank converters all the way. PI are great but the yanks perform just a little better and are more efficient. and i believe the price difference isnt much at all.

OP
OP
Tahoe03mm

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit...where are you guys finding these motors?
Lot of looking, lot of patience hehe. I passed up a few that had higher miles and the people wanted too much.

Possible converter choices to go with this cam that I was recommended http://www.compperformancegroupstor...Code=CC&Product_Code=54-467-11&Category_Code=

Is this overkill?
YANK SC 3000 4L60E LS1 $945
258mm, Extreme H.P. s/c on turbo, trucks, suv's and Chevrolet SSR | 3000 stall, 2.4 STR
LS-1

Should I go with something more like:$575
YANK TRUCK THRUSTER 3000 4L60E/4L65E
278 mm, 3000 stall, 2.21 STR, 98.6% efficiency! This converter is a modified Truck Thruster 2600. Being so, it shares the stock-like appearance, super-high efficiency, and impressive towing capacity of its lower stall brother.

Last edited:

03_Denali

Reaction score
That cam is fairly wild 239/243 @.050, but it's your dollar. You would need a 3500-4k converter with it. I still recommend the EPP FI cam w/a 3200 converter.

Did you ever find out your gear ratio?

OP
OP
Tahoe03mm

Tahoe03mm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dad's a mechanic and works on European cars so he's not so enamored with american cars lol, He does knows someone local that does custom cam grinds and machine work that is a fairly reputable company though. Apparently they can match anyone's grind, so I'm checking into that. As far as gear ratio i'm unsure..

Last edited:

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You'll want a higher stall with that cam I'd honestly go a bit lower but it is your truck. That truck thruster is a badass stall for cheap and is probably the route I'll end up going. Don't forget to build the trans up a bit with an hd2 transgo and be sure to get a retune or the truck will hit limiter at wot. You'll love the 6.0 my LQ4 runs strong as hell even at altitude.

03_Denali

Reaction score
Absolutely, also with that cam you will want at the very least 3.73 gears. You need to find out your gear ratio, if you don't have the tow package on your truck, I suspect you have 3.42's. The gear code will be in the glove box on the list of RPO codes. Look for a code starting with a "G" and report back to us...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyhoe24

Latest posts