Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kingfish585

Reaction score
I think your 06 suburban may be the only 06 out there under 60k original miles. my 05 denali had 185k when i bought it last june and its pushing 215k today.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your 06 suburban may be the only 06 out there under 60k original miles. my 05 denali had 185k when i bought it last june and its pushing 215k today.

that thing was problematic though. something broke or went bad almost everytime it was driven. i had it for like a year and put plenty of money into it. i was happy to let it go

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wiper washer has never squirted. Bought a new pump for like $7 on eBay

d249.jpg

To put it in i had to remove my battery.. then remove the battery tray (7 bolts - 10mm) and one bolt holding the top of the washer tank

d250.jpg

If you have oversized wheels you will need to take your wheel off. Then the clips that hold the fender plastic. Then one more 10mm holding the right bottom of the washer tank.

(i also wanted to check the rubbing/squeal noise from my brakes so it worked out fine. My backing plate was pretty much resting on the rotor. Lightly bent it away to cure my noise.)

d251.jpg

unplug the wiring from your front pump (blue connector on the pump closest to you). pull its hose off. Pull the pump off and swap em!
note: mine was full of fluid so i used a catch bucket as you see.

d252.jpg

we have Squirt! all fixed.
yea yeah, i live in Arizona and it rarely rains. But long trips with bugs on the window and no fluid to help the wipers get em off was annoying. (it actually rained lightly twice this week)

d253.jpg

squeak gone. washer pumpin. thumbs up!

d254.jpg

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice little write-up for those of us who might have to do this one day. Luckily mine still works so far but it is 15 years old.

yeah, if it wasn't hidden under and behind it woulda been a fast 5min job. Probably took me about 30-45min. The rear window pump looked the same. i bet you could swap em.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melsayed