Pete's (Now Nate's) 2003 Denali Budget Build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Caught a good sunset last night.

d539.jpg

d540.jpg

d541.jpg

d542.jpg
So you’ve had the U Bar heads for about a year and a half I think? I’ve had “quality” heads with halos in my civic back in the day, but have seen many quit working. Just wondering. Seems these are holding up nicely. Any issues at all?

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you’ve had the U Bar heads for about a year and a half I think? I’ve had “quality” heads with halos in my civic back in the day, but have seen many quit working. Just wondering. Seems these are holding up nicely. Any issues at all?

no issues at all. not even my baked and painted lowers. none. been very happy with the quality of those anzo's

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
no issues at all. not even my baked and painted lowers. none. been very happy with the quality of those anzo's
Thanks, glad to hear it. If only we could get better output from them... sounds like, due to the U bars, a Morimoto H7 retro will not fit [emoji3525] (assuming)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
This is true. 6500k is about the max I'd use for a headlight (still amongst the white spectrum, btw). Anything beyond that is too blue to be effective as a driving light.

@05Single Dave, I love that setup! LEDs or HIDs? Thinking about trying out the color-changing headlight bulbs in my Ram so I can switch to 3000k for those foggy mornings. Would be pretty cool to switch colors on the fly.
These are leds . Hids create more of a green yellow , hard to explain, I had 3000k hids before these and I didn’t like the color.
But yea we’re were all young once, my Silverado back in 09 I had 6000k lows and 8000k fogs . But I couldn’t bring myself to 10000k or 12000k
They make a led bulb with white then turns yellow after you turn off then back on.

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
These are leds . Hids create more of a green yellow , hard to explain, I had 3000k hids before these and I didn’t like the color.
But yea we’re were all young once, my Silverado back in 09 I had 6000k lows and 8000k fogs . But I couldn’t bring myself to 10000k or 12000k
They make a led bulb with white then turns yellow after you turn off then back on.

Yeah I don't wanna do blue or purple (or even green like I've seen some people do)... just want to be able to switch from white to yellow and back on the fly for foggy conditions.

Good to know those are LEDs because that's the perfect color temp of yellow and they're really bright!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yeah I don't wanna do blue or purple (or even green like I've seen some people do)... just want to be able to switch from white to yellow and back on the fly for foggy conditions.

Good to know those are LEDs because that's the perfect color temp of yellow and they're really bright!
These are cheap eBay ones , they’re brighter than stock but not up to standards for maximum output.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, glad to hear it. If only we could get better output from them... sounds like, due to the U bars, a Morimoto H7 retro will not fit [emoji3525] (assuming)

Actually the same bracket for the stock Denali lights should work with these anzos (from what I've seen) making the MH17.0 work with these lights. @Sevenevez if you can get a quick shot of the back of the housings I could let you know.

OP
OP
Sevenevez

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually the same bracket for the stock Denali lights should work with these anzos (from what I've seen) making the MH17.0 work with these lights. @Sevenevez if you can get a quick shot of the back of the housings I could let you know.

111303_1_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenTV GUy