Performance exhaust manifolds vrs headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am curious has anybody tried a high flow exhaust manifold? I wounder how they stack up to headers.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's a "high flow exhaust manifold"? I'm picturing an aftermarket cast iron manifold with larger primaries and/or a smoother finish. Have a link to it?
I was googling and found a couple. Frankly I havr been interested in upgrading to long tube headers...

I like the idea of manifolds though as I feel like headers dump a lot of heat into engine compartment. Additionally they don't last as long. Although I have very little experience with headers. Manifolds just seem more durable...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...-8mwHAHNq-hlJKXjjGJIQ2V6ufjCV6hRoCamwQAvD_BwE

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly maybe these are for a different application? I found these too...

https://www.eastwood.com/******-gm-...PTECCG5eTEto4xciLdVypoAGxWDK34GhoC580QAvD_BwE

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly maybe these are for a different application? I found these too...

https://www.eastwood.com/******-gm-...PTECCG5eTEto4xciLdVypoAGxWDK34GhoC580QAvD_BwE

Yeah those are turbo manifolds.. I’d never talk you out of buying them though.. [emoji16]

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Darn, do you know if they make anything such as a high flow exhaust manifold? I just like the idea of a highly durable exhaust with performance of a header.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was googling and found a couple. Frankly I havr been interested in upgrading to long tube headers...

I like the idea of manifolds though as I feel like headers dump a lot of heat into engine compartment. Additionally they don't last as long. Although I have very little experience with headers. Manifolds just seem more durable...

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...-8mwHAHNq-hlJKXjjGJIQ2V6ufjCV6hRoCamwQAvD_BwE

I remember those now. I don't see any real benefit with those over the stock manifolds. I agree with headers convecting more heat into the engine bay. If I ever did any kind of headers, I'd have them ceramic coated. I'd get coated shorties before those aftermarket cast ones, otherwise I'd keep the stock manifolds. My ultimate goal for headers is Doug Thorley Tri-Ys. Also, I don't think those are a direct bolt-on for a truck. You'd probably need a custom Y-pipe or modify your current one. After all that, you'd have made virtually no difference over stock.

SNKETR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do those wraps help keep headers cooler, and last longer?

Disclaimer: I haven't looked in to wraps in the last couple of years, so not sure if the tech has changed. With that being said.... They can help with temperatures but everything I have heard is they're better for racing applications. For a daily driver if its rains and they get soaked in water they can retain moisture and add to corrosion.

Personally I'd rather ceramic coat anyway. I prefer the look and it's one less thing to worry about damaging or attaching.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE

Latest posts