Passenger window motor removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

My01yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am replacing my passenger window motor and thought it would be an easy project. I have the door panel removed, and the plastic protective lining peeled back. I have removed the three bolts required to remove the motor, but i can't figure out how to remove the motor. There are two small bolts that attach the motor to a bracket and those bolts are on the back side so I would need to have the motor pulled out to be able to get to them. How do i get the motor out to gain access to these two bolts? Any one know?

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased just the motor and couldn't get it apart, so I returned the motor and bought the kit which includes the motor and regulator. It was much easier this way.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's best to secure the window really well to the door with some duct tape, unhook the window from the regulator, and unbolt the regulator and take the regulator out with the motor still attached!! While on a bench, get a second set of hands to change out the motor, once you unscrew the motor from the reg and pull the motor away from the reg, have your second set of hands hold onto the internals underneath the motor on the regulator because they are spring loaded and if you don't hold them from springing out, you will be left with a regulator that needs to be wound back up and that's a real pain!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokin Denali