Passenger seat release cable??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1997 Tahoe passenger bucket seat there is a cable on the outer side of the seat that allows the seat to slide forward when you flip the entry lever. This cable is broken and I can't find a diagram or a part #. Anyone have a diagram and or a part #. The cable on the console side of the seat is fine.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See my thread from when I replaced my EZ entry passenger seat cable:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I made an in-depth search of GMPartsDirect.com for your cable, and I could not find it. When I lost my front seat cable (snapped) on my 97 Yukon (RIP), I ended up purchasing it from the dealer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
E

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See my thread from when I replaced my EZ entry passenger seat cable:

That's actually my thread when the EZ Entry cable broke. I replaced that cable which is on the console side of the seat. Now the cable that is on the other side which controls releasing the seat adjustment for the first stage of the seat sliding forward is broken.
Thanks @Joseph Garcia I appreciate the effort.

YukonGTmaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually my thread when the EZ Entry cable broke. I replaced that cable which is on the console side of the seat. Now the cable that is on the other side which controls releasing the seat adjustment for the first stage of the seat sliding forward is broken.
Thanks @Joseph Garcia I appreciate the effort.
Is the cable not shown in the exploded parts diagram in that thread?

OP
OP
E

Eman85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the cable not shown in the exploded parts diagram in that thread?
#17 is the cable for the E-Z Entry I don't see any other cable in that diagram. I replaced #17 and now the cable on the right outer side is broken #17 is on the left inner side of the seat. The cable I need releases the seat adjuster and allows the first stage of the seat sliding forward. Then the second stage is activated with cable #17.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore