Passenger Door issue

Discussion in 'Interior' started by mb05Z, Sep 4, 2018.

1. mb05Z

mb05Z TYF Newbie

Name:
    Mitchell
    I have noticed my 05 Tahoe passenger door does not turn on the interior light when opened by itself. Along with that it the radio stays on as well, all 3 other doors work. What do I need to be looking for to resolve this problem?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. 915_Tahoe

915_Tahoe Full Access Member

Name:
    Rene
    THE AJAR SWITCH IS WHAT YOU ARE REFERRING TO, THAT IS PART OF THE LOCK ACTUATOR.

GM#15110645 LOCK ACTUATOR /INCLUDES AJAR SWITCH $343.18 @ DEALER

3. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Elite Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    the radio should only turn off from RAP when the drivers door is opened, the others will have no effect, however the interior light should come on when any of the other 3 doors or rear hatch is opened, so you may have a bad door switch

4. Awfiretto

Awfiretto TYF Newbie

Name:
    Alex

^yup. Found mine on amazon cheap for around $45, took less than a hour to replace.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    All the doors on my 06 kill the radio.

6. Doubeleive

Name:
    Wes
    Hmm, that's weird, my 00 only did it with the drivers door, my 03 Silverado only does it with the drivers door and my 2012 nnbs only does it with the drivers door
    come to think of it though my ex's 04 suburban shuts the radio off from any door but she has a aftermarket radio installed and does not the adapter to retain RAP (retained accessory power)
    so if you have a aftermarket radio and do not have the adapter to retain RAP then yes it will shut off from any door

7. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    Factory NAV here.

8. Doubeleive

Name:
    Wes
    must be for certain years I guess, hell I don't know I was just going by my experience I put the module in my Silverado with the radio and I have all the warning sounds and RAP goes for 10 minutes after you shut off the truck then turns off the radio I guess it runs off the same module that shuts off the headlights after 10 minutes if you leave them on by accident. On my nbs if you left a interior light on it would shut off after 15 minutes also.

HiHoeSilver likes this.
  9. HiHoeSilver

HiHoeSilver Away!

Name:
    Nate
    Yeah I think mine is supposed to do that, too. However, when I first got it, I left the lights on at church one day and came out to a dead battery. Haven't really looked into it at all. I do think my driver door switch is a little goofy though. Everyone in a while (very rarely) it will not chime if I shut it off and open the door with the heads on. Also I can start it with the door closed and the puddle lights stay on.