Parts for aftermarket CD player install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rudder

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am going to install an after market CD player into my 1999 Tahoe LS this weekend with my buddy. I know that I need to get the dash adapter kit, wiring harness and antenna. Is there anything else that I need to get?

Also, does anyone know of a good site where I can get all of this stuff at? Preferably I would like to find it all at one spot...less hassle that way.

Cheers

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cant think of anything off the top of my head. I have been using crutchfield.com for years and love the place. Free install gear if you buy one of their head units or speakers

2yukons

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you plan on adding an amp and sub later on you should run the wiring you will need for that while you have the deck out to make things easier later on. You can usually buy an amp kit that includes all the necessary wiring etc. If you do this now you won't have to pull the deck out again when you want to add the amp and sub.

Dave

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was at Best Buy recently and saw all the stuff there i.e. 1.5 to 1 DIN mount and wiring harnesses.

drowndindreams

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never heard of them, might have to check em out! They do the same type of stuff as crutchfield?

everything and more, but minus all the installation videos.

much cheaper also, crutchfield sells the 13.5" JL W7 for $1200.00, while sonicelectronix sells for $550.00. Everything they sell is brand new, so don't worry, they're definitely legit.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no shit!? that makes it much more affordable. definitely gonna check it out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24