Part shows delivered to wrong address

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Were all the parts shipped from the same warehouse? I know on RAs site they'll usually show which warehouse each is shipping from before placing the order.

Just curious on why the 4 seperate shipments

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I assumed that the reason for the 4 delivery tracking numbers is that they came from separate warehouses. That, in and of itself, is no big deal because I have had that happen many times with no problems. I have also seen where weather held up deliveries and even the China Virus but there is no excuse for all these screw ups on one order. If RA does not want my money, then let them contact me and tell me so. I am not beholden to them. I have literally spent multiple thousands of dollars over the years with RA but have never been screwed over like this before.

Well guess what, there is always a better mouse trap. This "Supporting Member/Vendor" is not making me believe that in this instance.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, guess here is as good a place as any to ask about other parts sources that can ship parts in like RA. I think there was at least one mentioned on this site at one time and hope there are more.

I ran businesses and still do and one of the things I want and I know my customers want is "COMMUNICATION"! The only contact/communication I have had from RA is when I called them and talked to a "receptionist" and then they had someone call me back. Both times I did talk to them, I was told the same thing, "Wait till the 22nd". I already know they are going to tell me they cannot find my part, cannot get my part to me, cannot help me in any other way, cannot expedite another hose from another source because that would just be way beyond the pale and out of the question. They will feel good about all this because they tried as hard as they could for 6 freakin' days!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Were all the parts shipped from the same warehouse? I know on RAs site they'll usually show which warehouse each is shipping from before placing the order.

Just curious on why the 4 seperate shipments
To answer your question: The parts generated from NY, CA, MN and TN.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Update: No email yet from RA telling me their results of what was sure to be an extensive search for the part that was delivered to the wrong address.

The delivery times are now up in the air and pending for the last two parts that were to be delivered on the 18th and the 21st. In other words, no idea when I will get them. I guess another possibility is "IF" I get them.

I wonder if RA will allow a refund of not only the part but that part's share of the shipping fees I already paid?

By the way: The part that I was paying $29.79 plus shipping at RA for is $30.57 plus shipping at GM Parts Warehouse and is $29.46 plus shipping at GM Parts Giant.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok. The part has not been found or at least, no one from RA contacted me by today, as promised, with an update. I requested a refund via the RA web site and it says the refund will be on my account within 1-3 days. There was no choice for a shipping % refund. I then called and left a message at the "receptionist" number and requested a refund of partial shipping fees. I will likely hear back about that via email or call telling me to WAIT another 6 days for a response, that so far, on the other problem has not been responded about.

I do see how/why a company would want to get attached to as many forums as they can to sell their product. Makes great capitalist sense to me. What does not make sense is the broken promises that follow. "Wait 6 days for us to respond to you with our findings". Then, no contact and I am PST and they are CST. It is now almost noon there and no response.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The part was delivered to an address in Eugene, Oregon. I do not have that address. I do see a signature for a J. Babcock. As I said earlier. This is easy to trace. You get the driver to tell you where he went to that day, they all know their routes, and ask for the part. You have a name after all. I could track this down in half a day if I talk to driver.

It was signed for at 8:59 am. Has to be one of that driver's first stops. I never ever see my Fed Ex driver till after noon. The part was put on the wrong truck to begin with. I already asked for the part refund and I am going to bug them for shipping fees refund for that part as well. I have contacted RA about that refund already. I have since ordered, this morning, the new GM part/hose from GM Parts Warehouse for about $1.00 more for the part and unsure of the $ difference for shipping.

The thing that pisses me off the most about all this is the cavalier attitude RA has about tracking the part down, 6 days, and just telling me to sit and wait for them to respond in 6 days and still I have not heard today from them. They said they would give me info today. It is 2 pm their time right noiw and no email from them yet.

Last edited:

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
My takeaway from similar situations I’ve endured is we can’t have our cake and eat it too.

The online automated channels are cheaper, and work well *most* of the time. But they are cheap because they don’t fund a customer service staff to help out when it goes sideways. You’re at the mercy of the “system “ which is mainly just automated messaging between customers, channels, and shipping vendors.

The alternative is the full service model where we pay for the face, and the name of a human to sort it out when we need them.

I’ve been a lifelong cheapskate. But as time goes by I have questioned whether it makes for the best outcome in the long term. I have started using more expensive vendors more often. Buy once, cry once, so to speak.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I did finally just get an email from RA. They refunded my cost and the shipping.

I have already ordered the GM part at GM Parts Warehouse. My total cost difference is $7.52 more.

RA really let me down on this one. @Bill 1960, you are right. We get what we pay for. Basically, it all comes down to backing up what you advertise and I am loyal. Give me an "I don't care" attitude and I will walk asap. My money is good. You want it? Back up what you advertise. You don't really care? Then do as you just did to me.

I actually did think someone from RA would have reached out on the forum. No way. No how, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Turbokon