Parking Brake adjustment- need a little help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I need help with my parking brake.

It won't hold the truck on any sort of incline. I have put new shoes and adjusted the thumbscrew parkt and fitted my rotors around with minimal friction while sliding the rotor onto hub.

My equalizer nut is maxed out to max tension on cables.

Could my cables be stretched? I believe there are three cables making up the system.

Truck is 2002 burb.

Thanks for looking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's been a few years since I got mine working but don't fully remember off hand how we finally did it!! More of a pain in the butt if anything, and I'm pretty sure they barely work now because of Ebrake pad wear (crappy design). I'll try to take a look tonight when I get home or this weekend and see if I can spark my memory on it!

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm sorry for the late response! I went out to see if I can fully remember what it took to finally get enough adjustement to make the ebrakes work like they should but I don't fully remember. Pretty sure there is adjustment at the pad itself where you adjust the pads to where they are barely touching the rotor, then I think there is an cable adjuster under the truck and possibly another adjuster at the ebrake pedal itself. I just looked in my haynes manual to see if I could find out for sure but it was no help for the ebrakes (which I remember now). Sorry man, if for some reason I remember something or get more time to kinda tear into my truck to check stuff out farther, I'll be sure to drop you a line on here about it! Been too freakin busy lately!

OP
OP
electro

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No worries friend!

I think I'm just going to snug up the horseshoe pad into the rotor as tight as I can to the point where it will probably work and wear pad away.

I need it to function though as winter is coming and I will have to park on the steep driveway yet again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts