Paint Line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just picked up an 07 Denali XL and love it so far. I noticed that the previous owner must have taken the trim off. On the driver door there is a line of paint. Almost like a ridge if that explains it.

Anyone else have this issue? I will post pics later.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Is it a paint line, or dirt debris that isn't cleaned off yet? Sometimes cheap body work is done where they will repair and paint a door with the molding on. Its a big no-no, but shops do do it.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's almost what it looks like. I'm not home yet but will get a picture there. The rest of the paint is great. The front bumper is a bit pushed in in one place. Also the door handle just came half way off. I hate how dealerships try to cover so much up.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Sometimes the used dealers get a lot lizard to just come and spot certain parts of the vehicles. It looks great when you pick it up, then a few weeks later it starts to look like shit. Our dealership is guilty too, until our Body Shop Manager said hell no - keep the business within the dealership and get it fixed right.

OP
OP
puckhead

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love to be loyal to a good dealer. This one won't get my business again.

latemate

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Paint line could be due to some parts are missing or just a dirt that has not be cleaned/removed. Post some pics so that we could help you out better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spargewort