P0796 and others, while 59 miles from home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Oh man you’ve got V8 bad . You’re gonna have some fun with these motors. The endless possibilities of how you want your 4-500hp served are endless.

There was another guy up North in the 4cyl VW water cooled forums that started bolting VW’s only supercharger produced, the g60, on to any & everything VW. In spite of what we expected, his ship worked, and lasted.

Carry on Sir!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I came off rude in my replies. I've built more than a few engines in the past (albeit not a truck LS) and everyone always wants to push their opinion without any factual basis or real world experience. I should've looked at who I was responding to and known better. I DO appreciate your input. I am indeed after a lopey idle. After listening to the TSP S4 truck cam, it may satisfy my desire for playing "hot for teacher" at stoplights.

I don't tow at all, so I'm not concerned about that aspect. As far as having power down low, I don't have any as it is :rotflmao: These 3.08's gotta GO. I'll be swapping those this summer, before I put a cam in it. This thing is an absolute doggggg down low. Hoping to find some 3.72, as I think going 4.11 is just going to be way too much time in high RPM.

Funny enough, I'm finding V8 stuff to be a lot cheaper than my last H4 build. One cam instead of 4!

It'll be getting long tubes before the cam. I have a Corsa exhaust sitting on my shelf waiting for me.

Cheap, fast, reliable. Pick any 2.

The high stall converter is to prevent surging at idle more so than making up low end.

Dealership doesn't give a ****. They aren't the ones paying for the warranty. The warranty company doesn't know it's going in there. lol Now, in the future if it needs warranty work, that'll be a different story. I'm okay with that though, as the warranty has already paid for itself with the transmission replacement.
HA! Wonderful! You know what you're getting into then. Can't wait to see the build thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts