Exhaust fumes and sound coming from intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

codyclark65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recent pull my motor out of my 2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV and put a non vvt motor in it that was pulled from a perfectly running 2008 Tahoe it is super hard to crank now and when it does it will run for about 2 seconds and the exhaust is coming from the intake along with a little bit of white smoke what could cause this knowing the engine was running perfectly fine when it was pulled ?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recent pull my motor out of my 2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV and put a non vvt motor in it that was pulled from a perfectly running 2008 Tahoe it is super hard to crank now and when it does it will run for about 2 seconds and the exhaust is coming from the intake along with a little bit of white smoke what could cause this knowing the engine was running perfectly fine when it was pulled ?
need more details, like did you tune the ecm for a non vvt engine?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
When they torqued the heads down did they blow all the coolant or water out of the threaded holes for the head bolts?

You’d know if there’s a problem by buying an inexpensive test kit that goes on top of the coolant reservoir and sniffs out exhaust in the coolant.

OP
OP
C

codyclark65

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
When they torqued the heads down did they blow all the coolant or water out of the threaded holes for the head bolts?

You’d know if there’s a problem by buying an inexpensive test kit that goes on top of the coolant reservoir and sniffs out exhaust in the coolant.
Heads were never pulled off

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Can you post up a list of parts or the AFM delete kit?

Any luck on swapping the spark plugs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
microfoxdev