P0332 (Knock Sensors) Throwing Engine Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneTonK5

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A few months ago I was getting a po332 code and replaced both knock sensors and the harness. Was fine for a while now im getting a p0327(from memory) front knock sensor code. I have tested both sensors at the top of the harness and the front doesnt have any change in ohm when I tap on the block. Could the acdelco sensor have failed or can it be something else?

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id say to replace the harness as well. There may be some corrosion in the wires that you may not be able to detect by just looking at it. I read that there was a technical service bulletin on this a while back, and they stated to not form a complete circle around the sensor ( the dam that was brought up), and to leave part of it open. The problem was with the rear sensors, but since you already replace both, go with the harness.

Tekreck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking to get complete new knock sensor harness instead of piecing together individual connectors. No luck on the hunt so far. If you are aware of somewhere that sells complete harness, please post.

If you are interested in additional info on diagnosing knock sensor with help of ocilliscope, I found this interesting article:

http://www.picoauto.com/tutorials/knock-sensor.html

The interesting part is how the diagnostics work for knock sensor, as that is what sets the code.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Found harness part number:

GM# 12601822

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

After reading a lot of forums about a lot of knock sensor replacements, it seems that in more cases than not the codes eventually come back.

I would suggest that anyone replacing these critters consider the replacement of the entire harness (which includes the large rubber grommets) mandatory. And because it is not a readily available part (my Chevy dealer told me it did not exist), you have to order it ahead of time - so factor in the lead time to get the hardness.

Parts list - knock sensors, new complete harness (GM# 12601822 for my 2001 5.3L), RTV sealant, new-style intake gaskets.

OP
OP
BlizzardX23

BlizzardX23

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info and numbers!

Funny story...after I replaced the sensors and harness leading to the sensors...the codes came back a month or so later...however, I am not sure why...maybe I need to install a new harness further back...not just the ones leading to the sensor...since its saying both banks are bad

phonedrn8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
were are the knock sensors located left side above the valve cover????

Tekreck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The knock sensors are underneath the intake manifold. That's why you want to have all the pieces needed ahead of time before you go to the trouble to take it off.

TWITCH101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what turned out to be the problem??? I threw a p0332 code as well....and how am I supposed to clear the check engine light on the dash???

Tekreck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
While I have the harness, I have not put it in yet. SOn has car at college.

Note - previous poster mentioned that his case ended up being a coil. There may be something to that.

Clear code with scan tool. If you can read the code you can clear it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo