Oxygen sensor different styles between old and new, is it okay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Working on my 2002 Yukon Denali 6.0, and was installing new o2 sensors when I realized that the new one is a different style than the old one. New upstream o2 sensor on right (Bosch), and old that was removed from the vehicle on left, Denso. Rock Auto said the Bosch one is correct, wondering if anyone knows? I installed the new one, the vehicle appeared to run fine when I started it, haven't driven it yet, however. o2.JPG

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
At RA the Denso part # is 2344103, the Bosch # is 13686 and the GM # is 213939. The Bosch one I looked at does look different but that is just the way they make them.

What Bosch number part did you get?

OP
OP
Shtiv

Shtiv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would update the thread, my vehicle really did not like those sensors, put back new ones. Maybe they were defective, who knows. The part# of the one I removed was slightly different than the recommended ones. Denso part#12565397 is what was originally in the car, which I put back in. Luckily replacing these was not necessary, just doing it as preventive.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Just thought I would update the thread, my vehicle really did not like those sensors, put back new ones. Maybe they were defective, who knows. The part# of the one I removed was slightly different than the recommended ones. Denso part#12565397 is what was originally in the car, which I put back in. Luckily replacing these was not necessary, just doing it as preventive.

Especially on electrical and emission, I always stick with OE.

clandr1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I am of the opinion that Bosch makes great parts, I've seen mixed feedback online about their O2 sensors. I was able to find Denso replacements on Amazon for $30.88 each for my truck - I would recommend replacing yours with Denso since, as you noted, they supplied the OE part and should work well for you.

V30Crewcab

Reaction score
bosch plugs and 02 sensors suck. we warrantied alot of those when I worked at the parts counter. stick with original.

lee.solorzano

Reaction score
I replaced all my 02sensor
But the sTill throw codes wHat should I do or
Could be cause any one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced all my 02sensor
But the sTill throw codes w
Hat should I do or
Could be cause any one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
start your own thread on the topic and you will get more responses. obd2 codes only tell you where it sees a problem not where the problem is. bad cats, tune up, vacuum leak are some typicals. do you have any other symptoms besides a code?