Overhead monitor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking to upgrade the rear overhead monitor with something that has a better picture and a tad bigger. What are you guys using as a replacement?

thindiesel

Reaction score
you should probably consider 3rd party monitor w/built in dvd player...... are you using a factory radio or aftermarket?? I work for a car audio company & putting a Alpine PKG-RSEDVD.... Please let me know if I can help in anyway.....

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should probably consider 3rd party monitor w/built in dvd player...... are you using a factory radio or aftermarket?? I work for a car audio company & putting a Alpine PKG-RSEDVD.... Please let me know if I can help in anyway.....

I don’t need a DVD player. I run the dvds from up front. But the factory screen is really poor quality almost like looking a laptop from the side.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t need a DVD player. I run the dvds from up front. But the factory screen is really poor quality almost like looking a laptop from the side.
the output from the factory head unit and from even a aftermarket unit is going to be composite so getting a better picture is not really possible unless you want to run hdmi cables, there may be someone out there making a bigger glossy screen or something but it would likely still be composite, just comes down to how much money do you want to spend on it

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm also looking for a bigger fold down screen. Don't really care too much about quality, just want bigger screen for the kids. Any suggestions for a plug and play?

ELEVEN17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking for the same if you guys ended up finding anything.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bigger screens are not a issue, you can find those all day long on ebay and amazon

Chrismnj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the output from the factory head unit and from even a aftermarket unit is going to be composite so getting a better picture is not really possible unless you want to run hdmi cables, there may be someone out there making a bigger glossy screen or something but it would likely still be composite, just comes down to how much money do you want to spend on it

Correct, need to step up to HDMI for better picture

Wolfbraid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, need to step up to HDMI for better picture

Yes and no, depends on the signal. in 07 the resolution of these LCD screens is nothing compared to what is available now(not talking 4K here) but even 780/1080 is better than the Panasonic screen(it's probably 280p I have no idea)
I guess the real trick is knowing what connector is up there, if it's just a composite you could at least "test" the theory and try another screen.
So yes HDMI is king, but even upgrading the screen itself(if the signal is clean) would be a major improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm6t