Ordered a 2015i and dealer called with a used 2015- pricing help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a lot for a used truck. Also the 8-speed is REALLY worth the wait.

mamajune

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
HELP! Prices paid for 2015.5 Denali (fully loaded)

First post, but not new to the forum. Been reading about everyone's frustrations as I've been going through my own with GMC. The Denali XL that I ordered back in September (and built in Oct) is finally ready for pick-up. Summit White, 8 speed, 4WD, fully loaded with 22's. Dealership texted me the price to be paid and it's $77,035. No Costco pricing, no discounts. Nada. Should I walk? I mean, in two months from now am I going to find 2015.5's everywhere? Supposed to pick up tomorrow. What have others paid? HELP!

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's WAAAAAY over priced. I got Costco pricing of just over $70,000 and others have gotten better deals than that (no sales tax in Oregon). Mine has the premium and entertainment packages but not the 22s. You may have to find a different dealer to place the new order but the current dealer is a good $7000 too high.

Your new order will take 10 or so weeks to come in but that would be worth $7000 savings in my book. Tell him you want a fair price or you're not interested and he can go from having a sold car and a happy customer to neither. His call.

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First post, but not new to the forum. Been reading about everyone's frustrations as I've been going through my own with GMC. The Denali XL that I ordered back in September (and built in Oct) is finally ready for pick-up. Summit White, 8 speed, 4WD, fully loaded with 22's. Dealership texted me the price to be paid and it's $77,035. No Costco pricing, no discounts. Nada. Should I walk? I mean, in two months from now am I going to find 2015.5's everywhere? Supposed to pick up tomorrow. What have others paid? HELP!

Laura GMC is $66.5 for a XL with Open Road and 22": http://www.laurabuickgmc.com/Vehicl..._XL-4WD_4dr_Denali-Collinsville-IL/2393808323

Id tell your dealer to take a hike. Maximum price to pay is invoice.

Last edited:

mamajune

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Guys. Guys! I know! I'm totally conflicted on what to do. I'm in Utah - no where near Illinois - so I'm not sure how I'd get it here I don't know how they're selling them for such a low price at Laura. It's a matter of supply and demand with my dealer, and he just "don't care." Has anyone had a similar experience? I thank you, btw, for the LOADS of information this forum has provided me (dealership didn't even know they were making 8 speeds until I brought it to their attention via this forum) ???

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That supply/demand line is pretty common. They may sell one or two at that price now but they know it won't last. You've got to treat this as an arm's length transaction. Get ahold of Costco's auto program and find out if the dealer in question is a member of the program. Costcoauto.com

He's got a fully sold car sitting on his lot and he's about to lose the sale. If you're not willing to walk they'll walk on you.

Start calling other dealers in the state and start negotiating for an order. Do it tomorrow morning. And make sure the current dealer knows you're doing it.

mamajune

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealership is totally a member of the program. One of my salesmen's associates emailed me the deal - and then the dealership refused to honor it on the Denali package bc they are selling so fast and there's no reason for them to discount them.
Thanks for the good advice. Will be getting up early and making phone calls to Idaho, Colorado and Laura. Was really hoping to (finally) drive my new Denali tomorrow. But in the end, I don't think it's worth $7,000.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dealership is totally a member of the program. One of my salesmen's associates emailed me the deal - and then the dealership refused to honor it on the Denali package bc they are selling so fast and there's no reason for them to discount them.
Thanks for the good advice. Will be getting up early and making phone calls to Idaho, Colorado and Laura. Was really hoping to (finally) drive my new Denali tomorrow. But in the end, I don't think it's worth $7,000.

people have flown to Laura picked up their truck and drove back, or even flown back and had their truck delivered. There's a bunch of threads about it on here. I definitely wouldn't pay an extra $7,000, unless you just have it like that and want it tomorrow...

jeremyp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Well the first thing I'd do is call both GM and Costco because they are REQUIRED to honor the pricing by being in the program. Either hold their feet to the fire, or walk. I'm going to be brutally honest here. They are walking all over you and you're taking it because you got emotional about it...and they know it. They are playing you for a sucker because they think you will not bail on a truck you waited this long to get in.

Call a few other dealers and I guarantee you will get a much better price than these asshats. And besides, do you really want to do business with a dealer that wants to take advantage of you and not treat you fairly?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JIMEMAC33