Order Now or Wait to Locate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fab83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a newbie here. I’m currently driving a 04 Tahoe and looking to upgrade to the 2015 Yukon Denali. My dilemma is whether I should wait to locate at a dealership or order now and hold my breath while I wait / hope for delivery.

I am interested in the Denali with touring package and 22”, but I also need the optional 2nd row bench seat (and possibly power retractable assist steps,) which I think may be hard to locate.

Just wondering what everyone thinks are the pros and cons to both.

Thanks in advance for your input ☺

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retractable steps are the first things to break. I wouldn't recommend it. You seem to have a long list of options, that's going to be a pricey truck. Keep that in mind because it will be harder to find. If you can live with all the exact options I'd recommend finding one. You will be able to get discounts and what not. When you order you barely get discounts

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

RioRedCobra

Reaction score
As they are showing up now, you should be able to locate one. The retractable steps might be what prevents you from finding one. On the older body style, when I was shopping for a GMT900, I looked a both Denalis and Escalades, an only a handful of Denalis in Houston had them. That was in back in 2011, so my times have changed...

OP
OP
F

fab83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. I can probably let go of the retractable steps, but really need the 2nd row bench for the family.

Thought the bench would be the tough one to find.

Would really love the instant gratification of driving it off the lot, but at this price tag its also hard to settle. :)

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is true, I was the opposite. I didn't need the bench at all and made sure to not have it. However you don't think it's better to have the captain chairs so people can go to the third row quicker?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
F

fab83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know, most people want the captains, but with three kids under 10 & road trip vacations, I don't want to sacrifice the cargo room and Im definitely not up for an XL.

My Tahoe is a bench, so I am used to the manual flip up to access 3rd row. With auto flip in Denali, it should be even easier to access. Also, the extra seat comes in handy for car pooling. :)

Lade

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am a newbie here. I’m currently driving a 04 Tahoe and looking to upgrade to the 2015 Yukon Denali. My dilemma is whether I should wait to locate at a dealership or order now and hold my breath while I wait / hope for delivery.

I am interested in the Denali with touring package and 22”, but I also need the optional 2nd row bench seat (and possibly power retractable assist steps,) which I think may be hard to locate.

Just wondering what everyone thinks are the pros and cons to both.

Thanks in advance for your input ☺

Talk to your dealer and see what they wanna offer you,
i would think ordering you should get better price.
Each dealer is different but lots of them fine doing supplier price which is invoice plus $150.

I love power running boards,
I have had 4 escalade's(07,08,09,10) that had power running board,
non had trouble whatsoever.
i couldnt get running board on luxury package escalade if not for sure i would have ordered it.

amtrucker22

Reaction score
I think the people up north with snow have problems with the power running boards.

I am with you on the bench seat. When I was looking I knew I either had to find one with a bench seat or the price had to compensate me for acquiring a bench seat. There is also a swap thread somewhere for the people who want bench or vice versa.

OP
OP
F

fab83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, Im up north with plenty of snow (although garage kept), so more to consider re: power steps. Thx!

I didn't realize swapping is a possibility. Thanks for the info.

More Denalis are showing up on Cars.com but no benches yet. Ill keep looking and start reaching out to dealers to see when / if they are getting in benches.

Now that things are moving, I wonder what the timeline is for ordering. hmm.

amtrucker22

Reaction score
One caveat... You could swap them out in the 02-06's and in the 07-14's. I am not positive about the 15's. I am sorry I made that assumption without saying that I am 100% sure (only 99% sure).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redoak76