100,000 mile club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 109k on my 2018 Escalade Luxury. My lifters failed at 107k again on the driver side. This time #7 twisted in the guide and ruined my camshaft. The first time was at 79k on the passenger side. My mechanic replaced my camshaft and both sides of my lifters. The truck is more responsive and oil psi went from 22 to 32 hot idle psi.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the original brakes on my 2014 SS Sedan a few months ago with 130K miles on them with 30% pad left.

My Yukon has 60+% pad left at 100K so will likely do the brakes next year or so. Going to upgrade to 16" rotors & 6 piston calipers in front. Not sure on the rear brakes yet.

I don't use my brakes much. LOL

All brake pads look like this
View attachment 427523
I was going to get the factory Brembo 6 piston brake upgrade from the 2021 and up GM trucks. I didn’t want to do it yet so I got Duralast Gold brake pads instead for the front and back. I am very impressed because my original truck brakes always would overheat the brakes when driving aggressively, even when close to new. Now after installing DuraLast Gold my brakes feel great and they do not overheat anymore. Also autozone gives free pads for life. You just buy the pads and install them then bring back the old pads for refund. You can’t beat that!

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to get the factory Brembo 6 piston brake upgrade from the 2021 and up GM trucks. I didn’t want to do it yet so I got Duralast Gold brake pads instead for the front and back. I am very impressed because my original truck brakes always would overheat the brakes when driving aggressively, even when close to new. Now after installing DuraLast Gold my brakes feel great and they do not overheat anymore. Also autozone gives free pads for life. You just buy the pads and install them then bring back the old pads for refund. You can’t beat that!
Dude you should change your avatar to the Autozone logo. Or at least get paid to be their spokesman. Lol!

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude you should change your avatar to the Autozone logo. Or at least get paid to be their spokesman. Lol!
I was thinking the same but I am really being honest. The DuraLast brand is a great brand. I had great success with the front upper/lower control arms from the Duralast Gold as well as the rear sway-bar end-links. The lifetime warranty is also great. When you are ready for control arms take a look at what I am talking about. The pads are great too. My brakes don’t wobble the wheel when driving like a nut anymore. The manager at the shop I go to is a real A-hole who wouldn’t take back a coil that I bought even though I bought it back the same way it was given to me. The DuraLast batteries Autozone sells looks identical to the DieHard. I think DieHard makes them. DieHard was my first choice when it came to batteries my whole life. I like that when my battery fails I can drive up to AutoZone change my battery in 5 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigStick