OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I respectfully submit that the problem with this rig is that it has one too many doors on each side! Please continue to comment on my build, as your encouragement has been inspirational! I mean you no disrespect, I enjoy your comments, I am just too emotionally attached to the 2 door Yukon to reserve myself in some regards.
Sincerely,
One off rigtard

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Cheer up! The order for your part has been sent to China! As soon as they have 299,999 more orders it will go to production. Until then you can get it at Autozone. Actually, I do feel your pain. Sorry for the delays.

Nope, I should see the bar kits hit my door on Tuesday.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
According to the Fed Ex tracking number, my new left and right rear upper corner smooth appliques should be here Friday or Saturday but the weather may play in to that, so no guarantees.

The paint shop is ready to finish and paint them and then install.
Are those oem Esky or aftermarket pieces?

Reaction score
Thanks for getting me thinking about the sway bar issue. TOWING! Now that might be a good reason for those. Most of what happens here is go wheel in the woods, go get groceries or go donate money to our Native American friends. I should get something to tow and leave the County once in a while!!

My complements on your handsome looking truck! Mine is the polar opposite! Also your plan for repairs and upgrades looks like one that will allow you to enjoy a comfortable & reliable ride. Cudos.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks for getting me thinking about the sway bar issue. TOWING! Now that might be a good reason for those. Most of what happens here is go wheel in the woods, go get groceries or go donate money to our Native American friends. I should get something to tow and leave the County once in a while!!

I doubt that I will ever tow with this Z71 of mine but I do like to push the limits of handling capabilities on a regular basis. I get a kick out of following or leading a performance car in to or out of a cloverleaf and being able to outmaneuver them or at least surprise them. Not just cloverleafs though. I like a trip to the coast and there are some winding roads that need to be conquered by a full size SUV. Besides, it's fun. At 68, that is what I look forward to.

By the way, as I stated in either this thread or in another thread, my cousin is moving from Paradise, Ca. to Warrensburg, Mo. within approximately a year or so. Before she goes and severs my real last ties to Paradise, Ca., where I had some great times over the years, I plan on making a 4-5 day trip to see her there. If can, I will contact, if ok with you, and see about meeting up for a beer or meal and see if I can still get a schooner of beer at I think was the only bar in town at a crossroads in Innskip or Magalia? Or was it Toad Town? Clue me in, has been so many years since I been there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700

Latest posts