OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weight in the back so you will not nose dive.

Removed the fuel tank that was in front of the axle and on the driver side and installed a Blazer tank that is centered behind the axle. Also relocated the battery to just in front of the axle on the passenger side. Kept a stout nearly-zero-profile fiberglass bed cover on it. A modified Class 3 (or was it 4?) receiver hitch added reinforcement, fuel tank mounts and extra weight at the far rear end of the frame. Oh, and I converted to rear disc brakes and had a proportioning valve adjusted to make it squat really well when standing on the brakes. Stainless steel flex lines. Rotors were cryo-tempered PowerSlots with Hawk HPS pads. I could stand on 'em from triple digits and they never faded or warped in the 10+ years I ran them.

Had 285s in the back with plans and clearance for 315s. It was being built to have a half-decent chance with a high-compression, cammed LQ9 (~450/450 conservatively) and FLT Level 6 moving it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Removed the fuel tank that was in front of the axle and on the driver side and installed a Blazer tank that is centered behind the axle. Also relocated the battery to just in front of the axle on the passenger side. Kept a stout nearly-zero-profile fiberglass bed cover on it. A modified Class 3 (or was it 4?) receiver hitch added reinforcement, fuel tank mounts and extra weight at the far rear end of the frame. Oh, and I converted to rear disc brakes and had a proportioning valve adjusted to make it squat really well when standing on the brakes. Stainless steel flex lines. Rotors were cryo-tempered PowerSlots with Hawk HPS pads. I could stand on 'em from triple digits and they never faded or warped in the 10+ years I ran them.

Had 285s in the back with plans and clearance for 315s. It was being built to have a half-decent chance with a high-compression, cammed LQ9 (~450/450 conservatively) and FLT Level 6 moving it.
That would've been a sick S10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts