Opinions Needed for 2015 Denali Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

denali305

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
All,

First post, but I've been lurking for a bit. Looks like a good group of people on here with a lot of knowledge.

Anyway, I'm looking to put new rims on my 2015 Yukon Denali. Right now I have the factory 22s. Obviously, the truck rides great.

I want bigger rims though. My goal would be 26s, but I've been reading and I've been told that the ride will suffer a lot, you should swap out the brakes because it will be very taxing on the stock ones, it will hurt the transmission, etc.

Long story short I'm between 24s & 26s (leaning more toward the 26s though).

My questions are:

1. Is there that much of a ride difference between 24 & 26 or are people exaggerating?
2. Going with 26, should I go with a 305 or 295? I want to have the best ride possible which has me leaning toward the 305. Plus I like a meatier tire.
3. Will there be rubbing with 26s on either tire?
4. I would also like a 2/3 or 2/4 drop...not sure which yet, but whatever levels out the truck.
5. Thoughts on the KMC D2?

Any advice is appreciated. Everyone I talk to in Miami gives me a different answer and I feel like I'm getting nowhere.

Thanks guys.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
i have 26s and my truck is slammed and i have no issues. Heres the thing since I sell the 22 and 24 and 26 inch rims. For daily driver 26s will be stiffer.

if you want a better set up yes I would do a 305 35 24 on a 24x10 with 30mm offset and you will be fine then do a 1.5/4 drop since the back of these trucks sit so much higher.

So far ive done locally about 40 of the new 2015 up gm suvs and tons more online from shops who call me for guidance. From stock height to lowered from 20 to 28s. Overall goal like i said id do a 1.5/4 drop and will keep autoride working and great ride and on a 305 35 24 will look clean

20160322_155630.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony can dial you in with your drop. I'm running his 3/5-6 on 24s. Ride is great. Granted 10 years older than yours, but the application is what I mean in terms of dialing you in. OHSIXX above just dropped his Denali with a similar kit and running 22s.

KMC D2s look alright IMO since you asked.

These Escalade wheels are sort of similar but look really nice. Maybe throw up a pic of your truck and what finish you are going for so guys can look and give you opinions based on your paint, etc... Good luck man. @denali305

Unknown-1.jpeg

OP
OP
D

denali305

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
NORCAL- I really, really like your setup bro. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. If I was to go with 26s, would the drop recommendation stay the same? What kit should I use? How about tires? Can I still keep the autoride with that type of setup?

How much stiffer though? I'm coming off an F150 & basically all sorts of trucks, so I wouldn't mind a ride that's a little stiffer in exchange for the look of the 26s. I just didn't want to have rubbing and have to trim the truck to make everything fit correctly. If it has to get to that point, I'd rather stick with the 24s and call it a day- I think.

Fosscore- I'm not 100% sold on the rims either. Right now, I don't have pics of my truck, but it's a 2015 Black Denali with 5% tints all around and 32% on the entire windshield. I'm not going for a total blackout, but I would like something like this Tahoe. I like these rims, but can't figure out which ones they are or find ones similar to them. I'm going to be powder-coating the brakes red.

Guys, thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it. I've been going crazy trying to figure this out so it comes out perfect.

613595B2-D948-41C4-9D43-F31A9EB38C2F.jpeg

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Uin feont yiu will need strut relocators and camber kit. In rear you will need my 3.5/4.5 kit with endlinks and bumpstops. It will keep autoride working also.

The 26s will ride stiffer but not unbareable

OP
OP
D

denali305

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok cool. So the drop & rim size are figured out then.

Anyone have any idea on the rims on that Tahoe?

Also, 26s with that drop, what size tires should I be looking at?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
26s on it like mine. 295 30 26 and 26x10 with 30mm offset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65