2015 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KTHTXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hVZLHoYs8HbHVVuA9
I had some front end damage 2 years ago. The "side detection" sensors have not been working. Here lately, the suburban acts like the alternator is bad. All of the gauges drop and act sporadic. When I go to shut the car off(button start) the car wont turn off. I have to unhook the battery for at least 48 hours. The suburban will run fine for about 2 weeks and we start all over! Check engine is not on, battery and alternator are good. Computer at Chevy do not pull anything.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I post this video of my issue?

You can upload it to YouTube and post the link here.
But the link in your opening post works.

15burban

Reaction score
Do the gauges act sporadic when there's a lot of moisture in the air? Not apples to apples but on my pontiac for awhile if there was any dew on the windows of it in the morning when I'd leave for work the gauges would go haywire and flash every light on the dash the whole drive to work. Morning with no dew it would act just fine. Finally after a few weeks of trying to figure it out I disconnected the big plugs on the fuse box and sprayed the connectors with contact cleaner. That fixed it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://photos.app.goo.gl/hVZLHoYs8HbHVVuA9
I had some front end damage 2 years ago. The "side detection" sensors have not been working. Here lately, the suburban acts like the alternator is bad. All of the gauges drop and act sporadic. When I go to shut the car off(button start) the car wont turn off. I have to unhook the battery for at least 48 hours. The suburban will run fine for about 2 weeks and we start all over! Check engine is not on, battery and alternator are good. Computer at Chevy do not pull anything.
the dealer not being able to determine the issue spells incompetence....., sometimes resolved by asking the right questions and/or requesting specific things to be checked.
however removing the battery cable generally erases "some" active codes., but the vehicle reportedly not shutting off should have led them to inspect it more than for just "codes"
If you are going to try and diagnose it yourself then you will want at the very least a volt meter to check a few things
a volt meter will rule some things in or out
in the meantime if the issue arises again I would take it to the dealer "while the problem is active" then they have no choice but dig deeper albiet at your expense.
you can pretty much bet money the problem is electrical, be it battery, ground, fuse's, fuse box, module, wiring.
your cluster is giving you hints, either a short to power or short to ground or short on the lan network, pinched wire, rubbed exposed wire. etc.
I would guess that since disconnecting the battery clears it for a bit that is ground related and start looking at the battery FIRST, battery fuse top, battery cables, starter cables/shroud, engine ground straps, clean the connections with a wire brush even if they look "ok" if that is all good then proceed to fuse box.
ohm test your battery cables, ground wires. these can corrode on the inside and look fine on the outside.
there are grounds on the frame under the vehicle right behind each wheel (stupid design) right where all the water/mud gets thrown from the tire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019