Ok i guess this goes here.. BodyDrop... is it worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MOBmentality

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea.. i want it to look just like that pic i did on the last page (suspension wise) the dude in tampa wants to do a 4 bag setup on the back one on each cantalever so it rides at super low pressure and floats.. we talked about doing solenoid lockouts.. so i can push a button and drop the truck onto the pins and instead of laying body it will drop all the way to max/low drive height and stop. He wants to do the front where we leave it on the bag its on but do an adjustable tension bag/strut to control ride stiffness and act as a shock..

i mean i want it to go all out.. but then ride like a champ.. someshit you would WANT to drive from tampa to heatwave.

I figure this is my first MAJOR build.. might as well push it to the wall.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

damn dude if your using that big of a wheel i would build a whole new frame...

Its seeming like that might be the way... we were gonna back half it.. and then just sink the front.. but .. im thinking you might be right... i made some calls today.. tampa dude is interesting but thinking of taking his ideas to a frame guy, and delivering it to him with a new frame in hand.

SloZ71Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i decided to bodydrop my truck... i was just going to do a channel like you are talking about. Well now i have a full frame and powdercoated suspension laying body on 24's. If you going to do it do it all at once... that way you dont regret not doing it.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
true! the seriously big wheeled body laying trucks that don;t have full frames usually have not much more than 3 feet of OE frame left in the middle after all is said and done.

Most wsh they had just had the blank slate of a new frame instead of re-engineering the front a half and back half, but being restricted to oe dimensions in the center.

airbagd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yea.. i want it to look just like that pic i did on the last page (suspension wise) the dude in tampa wants to do a 4 bag setup on the back one on each cantalever so it rides at super low pressure and floats.. we talked about doing solenoid lockouts.. so i can push a button and drop the truck onto the pins and instead of laying body it will drop all the way to max/low drive height and stop. He wants to do the front where we leave it on the bag its on but do an adjustable tension bag/strut to control ride stiffness and act as a shock..

i mean i want it to go all out.. but then ride like a champ.. someshit you would WANT to drive from tampa to heatwave.

I figure this is my first MAJOR build.. might as well push it to the wall.

---------- Post added at 10:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Its seeming like that might be the way... we were gonna back half it.. and then just sink the front.. but .. im thinking you might be right... i made some calls today.. tampa dude is interesting but thinking of taking his ideas to a frame guy, and delivering it to him with a new frame in hand.

Whats the name of the shop in Tampa?

OP
OP
MOBmentality

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was gonna be T&A but.. alot has changed since this post.. Everything with the Yukon is on hold.. and it might end up just being to the running boards on 6s , with running board delete and this big body mod product we are developing..

There was some things said by shop employees that sketched me out about the shop.. and i lost $9000 Right at the end of December.. nothing i wont overcome but.. enough to put the yuke on hold a sec.. and now im not 100% sure i want it sitting till march before i can REALLY dive into it.. and then another 2 or 3 months of work to finish it..

Soooo i might do the same theme.. just an easier route

Im not sure.. here is where its been sitting since like late october early november..
( its only been moved like 3 times since Tkemp copped the old rims off of it)..

sitting.jpg

It looks so lonely.. lol.. at least it has the s10 to keep it company

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'm sure it will look dope when you finish it, all in due time. Lol @ your sig btw.

OP
OP
MOBmentality

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea.. if i decide to go the easy route its still gonna be the whole Black/Grey mica flake/tiny bit of blue pearl.. paint.. flat grey pinstrips.. and a 5 lug conversion with exposed lugs and an old school 5 spoke 26 painted to match with flat grey lips.. sitting pretty much frame.. with the big rocker thing im workin on and maybe some sort of thing for the rear..

Still the same bumpers and hood and light sets i was planning on..

So still the same theme.. just fake the body drop with the sheet metal mod instead of body dropped and 26s instead of 24x15s

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
It was gonna be T&A but.. alot has changed since this post.. Everything with the Yukon is on hold.. and it might end up just being to the running boards on 6s , with running board delete and this big body mod product we are developing..

There was some things said by shop employees that sketched me out about the shop.. and i lost $9000 Right at the end of December.. nothing i wont overcome but.. enough to put the yuke on hold a sec.. and now im not 100% sure i want it sitting till march before i can REALLY dive into it.. and then another 2 or 3 months of work to finish it..

Soooo i might do the same theme.. just an easier route

Im not sure.. here is where its been sitting since like late october early november..
( its only been moved like 3 times since Tkemp copped the old rims off of it)..

sitting.jpg

It looks so lonely.. lol.. at least it has the s10 to keep it company

i thought you gave the S10 away?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper