Oil leak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So went to go change my oil and I find everything under the truck has oil on it. Apparently it's been leaking for awhile. Had it in the shop last week and they said it was going to cost about $800 to get fixed. Went other there again today to see how bad it was since they cleaned it off last week and these are the pictures I got. Can anyone tell me what I'm looking at here? Where's my leak? The shop said it's a small leak and if I just keep an eye on the oil I'll be fine but not a big fan of having an oil leak.

IMG_0771.JPG

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

IMG_0774.JPG

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would that cause oil to be on the bolts around the oil pan.

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I havent changed my oil yet since I noticed it. Went to change my oil and saw the leak.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 on the filter. How many miles? from the pictures it does not look THAT bad. I have had trucks that looked worse. I would change the filter, degrease and powerwash.
then you will have a clean slate to look at.

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 125 *** on it. Took it in for an oil change over the summer and when I got it back it was leaking oil like crazy. They said it was a bad oil filter and replaced it and I didn't have any issues. So I went to change it myself this time and this is what I discovered.

cmc76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would change the filter. clean it and take a look.

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a special product that I should clean it with?