Oil consumption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just found out there's a Service Bulletin for the 10-speed transmission (hard shifting) in this thing so I'm taking it to the dealer next week. I'll ask them about the oil consumption then.

Thanks for your response.

Please post back. I'm sure I'm not the only one interested to hear what they tell you about the consumption.

Ponch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My '18 Yukon Denali's got 25K miles on it. Yesterday, traveling the interstate at 75mph, I got an oil warning to add oil. I checked the usage and still had 51% left. The dipstick showed over a quart low. It's not leaking and there isn't any blue smoke at start-up. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Wonder if it could be AFM or what they call DFM now?

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a range device. No more V4 mode, no more oil consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily true. @89Suburban has the Range device and still has considerable oil consumption.

I think the high mileage of over 300K isn't helping. But the range device certainly cuts off the V4 mode. Too little too late maybe, but I am trying to keep her going and take it easy on her. I love her. :):leghump::hands:

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your probably right about the high mileage causing the oil burn. I have been running the range device from new and have no oil burn. Now have 14k miles on it. The only issue I have is that damn rough idle while in drive. I know there a tsb on the motor mounts for it. Just have to bring it in for them to look at it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i'm on the opposite end of the spectrum here, I drive both my trucks fairly hard. The Silverado has 242k and doesn't burn a drop, oil level starts on the line and ends on the line, the Denali is the same engine has about 40k on it no oil consumption.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the high mileage of over 300K isn't helping. But the range device certainly cuts off the V4 mode. Too little too late maybe, but I am trying to keep her going and take it easy on her. I love her. :):leghump::hands:

Ever done a compression test?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts