Oil change proof question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i read some of the contract last night...

They want the oil changed every 100 days or 3000 miles whichever comes first..

Who the hell does that nowadays???
Did dealer sell this to you or did you go out on your own to purchase.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i read some of the contract last night...

They want the oil changed every 100 days or 3000 miles whichever comes first..

Who the hell does that nowadays???
That’s F*ckd. That’s pretty much their game plan to never pay out…

I stick to like 3500 in my van because I consider it to have extreme use but even the internal computer (dummy light) doesn’t come on for like 5000 miles I think and it’s an 08. 3000 miles hasn’t been the standard in a long long time.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The reasons I say stay away from "extended warranties/service contracts" is now coming out. I have dealt with these companies in the shops I ran. They are very difficult to deal with, want to hold vehicle hostage till inspector shows to look at it while expecting you to not have patience and pay to have fixed and will look for ANYTHING in contract to turn you down. My savings account for my vehicles, IMO, is way better % wise.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just read complaints on that company on Better Business Bureau not well received.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which warranty provider was this? Disregard, I just seen it.\

I'd have a conversation with the dealer, ask them if they are aware this is what they are selling. Maybe they can do something to assist. Perhaps refund the warranty if you haven't used it for example.

Last edited:

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Which warranty provider was this? Disregard, I just seen it.\

I'd have a conversation with the dealer, ask them if they are aware this is what they are selling. Maybe they can do something to assist. Perhaps refund the warranty if you haven't used it for example.
Trust me, that dealer knows full well what and who they are selling. The dealer gets a kick back from the sell and all they care about is the amount of the kick back. When this company gets enough complaints, they will shut down their business and close their doors. The policy/contract holders will be left hanging and the old company will open for business in another state under another name. Seen it happen many times. Each and every third party extended warranty/service contract company is always a threat to do this.

One only has to look at how safe your bank accounts are now days, to see what happens when trust is put in the wrong places.