OEM Trailer Brake controller

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer at length about this and you will need an aftermarket controller unfortunately. Unless they have come out with a way to integrate the controller after the fact (as of February 2022 they couldn't). It sucks, that's why I passed on a few different incoming Denali's and waited for one with Max Tow.

OP
OP
K

kurt24

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I spoke with my dealer at length about this and you will need an aftermarket controller unfortunately. Unless they have come out with a way to integrate the controller after the fact (as of February 2022 they couldn't). It sucks, that's why I passed on a few different incoming Denali's and waited for one with Max Tow.
Seems nuts. The damn wires and harness are right there. I would pay for them to program... The most annoying part is I spent another hour on the phone talking to my 3 closest dealers and no one gives me a straight answer. The closest dealer to me said "Well our service tech manager isn't going to have a conversation with you and give information for free. That's how we make money." I said "I'm just trying to find out if this is even possible! If it is then I will bring it in for you to do. I'm not looking for him to spend an hour facetiming with me and walking me through it.." He proceeded to tell me that the tech won't talk to me. I hung up

topaq

Reaction score
It's my understanding that the harnesses are the same whether you have the MAX Tow package with the integrated trailer brake controller or not. Just not connected to anything. Without the MAX Tow package you don't get the ITB controller any of the other needed components. Everything I also have read indicates that an aftermarket brake controller is your only option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh