Odd Transmission Noise -Yukon Hybrid - any thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmystartup

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been noticing an odd noise that seems to be coming from the transmission. It happens around 1900 RPM when accelerating from a stop or rolling stop. I don't know much about transmissions so I can't explain where the noise is coming from but it sounds a bit like the transmission is in between gears and grinding a bit before finally moving up a gear and settling down.

This is a 2008 Yukon Hybrid with 32,000 miles and I figured I'd ask if this is unusual before taking it into the dealer and having them listen. I don't want to experience the old "can not duplicate customer complaint" syndrome.

stevek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been noticing an odd noise that seems to be coming from the transmission. It happens around 1900 RPM when accelerating from a stop or rolling stop. I don't know much about transmissions so I can't explain where the noise is coming from but it sounds a bit like the transmission is in between gears and grinding a bit before finally moving up a gear and settling down.

This is a 2008 Yukon Hybrid with 32,000 miles and I figured I'd ask if this is unusual before taking it into the dealer and having them listen. I don't want to experience the old "can not duplicate customer complaint" syndrome.

Take a video camera and record and put it right on the steering column. Hopefully you can capture the noise and approximately at what rpm range so you can show that it isn't a "can not duplicate" situation. You will have proof.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21tahoepos